rescue Today was Lola's turn

Hersh'sMom

Owned by
5 cockers
To leave the nest. This weekend was Petsense's annual Adoptathon. Saturday had a lot of people and there were 6 Rescues participating. A total of 7 dogs and 5 cats found homes yesterday. Had some bites on Joey and passed out cards to them. Today more people were interested in Lola. One even left with an application to talk to her husband. I didn't expect to see her back but low and behold she did. a couple years ago she lost her cocker of 14 years and only recently started looking for another. She'd been looking on the Internet and found a kennel I was familiar with. She was surprised when I told her she could be considered a puppy mill. she said 'But she has showdogs'. I've been to this person's kennel and it's no walk in the park. And yes, she USED to show but hasn't in quite a few years since she got her champions to breed with. Plus she breeds merles on purpose. She makes everything sound good and makes you think she knows what she's talking about but...... Sound familiar???
So back to Lola.
This lady happened to be driving by Petsense and saw the picture of the cocker on my Rescue banner from the street. She decided to come look. She fell for Lola before knowing her name. When she came back after talking with her husband, she said it was fate. Fate she saw the sign, fate she actually stopped, fate she liked 'Lola' as she'd just come back from vaca in NY and found a new favorite perfume called 'Lola'.
Sorry the pic is so dark, it was taken under our canopy in the shade.
01031d29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm glad Lola has finally found a home. Tell her she can read about Lola and her puppies on the forum.

Sounds like Lola and her new people should be in love for many years to come. Congrats!

Sounds like she is finally going to have that home and get spoiled rotten. So happy for her.

Woooo Hoooo
:cheer::cheer::cheer:
Lola's turn!!! Wooo Hooo​

Oh my goodness, is that little Lola from this past winter? Gosh she's grown into a cutie.

Back