trembling in a cocker spaniel

Eileenmay

I noticed that my cocker trembles when upset...just now on a walk she stopped and her body shook a bit, then she would not walk but then continued. Her favorite spot has always been the sofa. Now she goes over to it , looks at it and can't seem to jump up. She doesn't appear to be in any pain but I am worried because this is such a change. I love her so much. She will be 8 in June. She is a dear companion...my husband died recently so I am upset. Any advice?? Thanks in advance.

She may have an injury and u just don't realize it. The shaking and not jumping into her favorite place is a good indication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would take her into see the vet. She might be in pain for some reason. Trembling could be a symptom, of course it could be from other things also, but the stopping and shaking on a walk and then the inability to jump on a sofa she has previously been able to easily do makes me wonder if she is in some sort of pain.

Lulu has also been acting like this the last couple of days, and she did apparently yelp once yesterday while I was out and Aaron had the dogs in the yard. I'm trying to get Aaron to take her into the vet to get it checked out, because this isn't the first time she's displayed this behavior over the last few months. She snapped at one of my cats tonight too, which is very unlike her.

I agree, it sounds like she might be in pain. It could be her back, but I think that a trip to the vet is in order. Good luck.

Back