rescue Triple whammy on Fudge's eye

Hersh'sMom

Owned by
5 cockers
Took her to her vet appt .
First, palpatating her was inconclusive so we still don't know if she's prego.
Second, her eye.
It's ulcerated and has a divet where it's been injured before I got her.
It has glaucoma.
It has a cataract.
My vet is being conserative at first and she's got a follow-up next Friday to see if it's improving or not. We are doing artificial tears, saline solution to flush when gunky, an eye drop twice a day without a steroid, and deramaxx. Please, please let this help so we don't have to do surgery. :prayer:

To begin with, for the ulcer if it's getting worse or not improving, by sewing the third eyelid up to protect the injury until it's healed. Not so good. Then go from there.

Robin, I'm praying the first line of defense work for Fudge. Is there sight in that eye? Keep us posted...Joyce

Aw robin

I've learned it's inevitable. Instead of
waisting money on drops, we take the eye out. It's going to happen and there is pain and it will happen to other eye too. They do much better without it than trying to fix it.

Well she didn't charge me for the eye ointment or meds and we're only trying it thru Tuesday to see if any improvement or not then her followup is Friday unless no improvement or it's worse so at least going to try.

Aww poor baby. I sure will be praying for that little drop of brown sugar.

Poor baby, I hope only for good things for her whatever the outcome let her be without pain...and know what a loving family can be like. Prayers sent

WOW I don't normally read about the fosters, it just makes me so sad. I'm so happy you got your hands on these poor little things. When will you know for sure if she is expecting...I hope she isn't so you can work on her eye as soon as possible. Is there any way, I could send anything??? Pay Pal what ever. I feel so bad for them and you, having to deal with all you do. You truely are an angel.

Ok, did her follow-up Friday but just haven't had time to post yet. Not so great of news but not so bad either depending on how you look at it.
First, SHE'S NOT IN PAIN, from either the ulcer or glaucoma (yet) yay.
Second, the eye ulcer is improving slowly.
Third, cat pretty large and holding pupil open so can pretty safely say she's blind in that eye.
Fourth, with all her signs, need to do a blood workup to see if she may be a diabetic.
DERN IT.
So, as soon as I get it put together I'll hold an auction between all I have going on. My main thing is getting pics of the stuff.

Aww the poor girl. At least she's not pregnant like you thought. There is a good thing.

Good to hear her eye is improving slowly. Good luck on her blood work and hope her glucose is normal.

Well at least she isn't preg, and from the other post no diabetes. What is causing the ulcer, I deal with those with one cat, we use artificial tear ointment , no preservative or lanolin, 2-3 x a day to keep her eyes from getting irritated, would that help?

Robin, I have pictures of the two sporting prints in my computer and will take pictures of the things I'm donating and send all to you. Just let me know how I can help if you think of anything else. Joyce

Back