Vet Visit Today

Polly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
I want everyone to know I will be back full force, I just have to get thru this month.. it's hard, you have all been thru this. It's the first anniversary of the loss of my 3.. first was Bunkie my heart baby.. we will get thru it.

Today Pep and Petunia went for their check ups at the vets. I have a great new vet, I just love him.. the only down side is Dr. Baylor is Irish.. he spends only 6 months here in the states and the other 6 months in Ireland.. wouldn't you know, I would find one I like with a schedule like that..;)

Anyway Tunie is fine, no added pressure in her eyes. No pain. So we will just watch them, if she should ever injure one or both, then Dr said they would have to come out.. but for now, she is fine. She has a calcified ear that we are watching also.

But my Poor Pep. He has a bad tooth way in the back that I didn't see. It's loose even! He will be on antiboits for this week and go in next Monday to have that taken care of. We did full blood on him today, will have the results in a couple days. Dr wants to see if his thyoid is okay. He also has a little growth on the inside of his right eye that will come out next monday. Dr is afraid that it could harm his sight if it grows any larger. Dr said his back looks better, to keep him on the shampoo and to add omega 3-6-9 to his diet for his skin.. that's no problem for me since I work at the vitamin shoppe.

{{{:huggles:}}}
Sounds like you found a real jewel of a vet. Can you send him down to me too? Let me know how the surg goes! Will keep you and yours in my thoughts!

so sorry for the loss of your beloved ones. Anniversaries are nearly as hard as the original occasion. Sending good wishes your way!

Hope the dental goes well and sure am glad you have a vet you really like. I went thru a few before I found a new vet I could trust. He's Indian or Pakistanian or something so a little hard to understand but he's good so far!

Polly,
Very good news for Little Tunie. As for Pep I know he'll soon be feeling well. That's almost the same things that happened to Dylan in his check up last year and he was so much better within a week with a cyst removed and a tooth pulled. Dylan does go in for his check up tomorrow so I'll have to see how he's doing then.

I'm so glad to hear that Tunie's eyes are maintaining their pressure . . . that's a good thing. Even if she does need one or both eyes removed, it's far less difficult than you'd think.

As for Pepper's eye - Farley had a wart removed from his eyelid a couple of years ago and did super well with the surgery. I'm glad his back is doing well, that's good. Hopefully if that back tooth is an issue, they can pull it when they remove the growth from beside his eye.

A good vet is worth their weight in gold, that's for sure. I'm glad you've found one you like, even if it is only 6 months a year.

Glad Tunie's pressure is holding.. Bubby & I know all about that. NOW if your vet is Irish He HAS to be good :) (This of course is coming from an "Irish lass") I know how important it is to have confidence in our vets. I am lucky with Bubby that ours is great. They always go the extra mile..(I guess they should for how much they cost). Bubby goes back tomorrow to have another culture on his lip to make sure it has cleared up. Keeping our fingers crossed. Congrats on Tunies good check up and will say a prayer for you and Pep that all goes well on Monday.... Peggy & Bubby.

Last edited:
Thanks all! Pep started his antib's today. Boy what a shock I had. I thought that the total costs of the procedures would be $450.00 for Pep.. it wasn't it was $450 for yesterday and $425 for next mondays ;) UGH made me sick. I paid for everything in advance so Michael wouldn't be mad.. a happy hubby is always the best.. now I'm sick LOL..

Polly, I understand about the money. Last year I made the mistake of taking both boys in for a vet appointment at the same time. Both had mouth issues (Riley ALWAYS has mouth issues) and Dylan needed a cyst removed from his eye while Riley needed to have some lashes lasored off where they were rubbing his eye. I then stupidly scheduled their proceedures for the same time. WoW!!! It took me three months to pay off that bill!!

Karen I sure can relate.. another thing that got to me was that they charged me office visits for both dogs! That was $90.00! What happened to the time when you could pay for a multiple office visit??

Sorry to hear about Pepper's tooth and eye. Gabby's had a tumor removed from his eyelid as well as it was irritating his eye. Get well soon Pepper! Let us know how he's doing Monday.

Manuel
Pep won't have the procedure till next Monday the 9th, Dr wants him on Antib's for the week. My boss called me just a bit ago.. I asked her what days off I have, I have off Monday and Thursday! I told her she always schedules me right and I don't even have to ask!!! LOL..:naughty:

Back