What color is this pup?

CookieDough

I have 15 yrs experience with breeding cocker spaniels. I know the lines of the mother of this pup personally as far as 6 generations back.So not just seeing names or colors on a pedigree paper. 2 R/W 4th and 6th gen back,rest all buff. Probably had the pleasure of knowing about 15 ancestors of these pups :) The dad of the pups, I know only his parents. The breeder I got him from, doesn't even have the parents of him anymore, so don't know if they could help with his lineage. His mom was a red, and his dad was a black and white with tan markings. He had 3 black with tan point siblings, and 4 buff. So only black based.

Now my girl just had her litter today. She has 6 pups. One of them almost looks chocolate. There is quite a bit of dark buff, even red in this line, so is it possible this pup is just a really deep red? I've never seen a red pup this dark before. I'd be interested in seeing other red's as adults too.
SANY7814.jpg

SANY7818.jpg

SANY7820.jpg

I'd wait til they're older to see the colors. Especially since they were just born. Nose colors are important as well.
There are a lot of websites with cocker pedigrees as well as a place on the AKC site where you can get pedigrees from for the sire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one that was red like Irish Setter red.
She was Missy's full sister (although from a different litter).

Back