What is with my dogs???

I have tears in my eyes for wiggly little Maggie. I'm sending her cyber hugs (((Maggie))) and the boys would be very happy to play with her.

I don't know if you remember but Riley, along with everything else, also had a rash that the doggie dermatologist believed was bacterial but they could never fully determine exactly what kind of rash it was and what caused it. Actually they can't understand what caused anything that has happened to Riley lately but I wonder if it had something to do with the terrible infection in his leg and the lengths we had to go to treat it. Well that's beside the point. Anyhow what I was trying to comfort you and Maggie with is that Riley was covered in a mysterious rash and his coat fell out so much that you could see the spots on his skin. He looked like a pink and black dog. He was naked and rashy. One day the rash just began to dry up and go away. Now his coat is growing back and it really does look wonderful. It's very shiny and healthy looking. Both the vet and the groomer have commented on it.

I understand your tears, DJ. I very much hope Maggie is at the worst point and very soon you'll begin to wonder if her rash just might be drying up and it will be. Then you'll see fuzzy little fur begin to cover her body and soon she'll have her coat begin to return. I know it will happen.

its' allergy season... and the rash under the collar is probably yeast. Got any malesab plegettes wipes? IF I use a cone, I put a hand towel on the bottom part so it doesn't cause a boo boo or rash.

Sorry yours are having a flair up.

Oh poor girls. Oh DJ.. poor little Zoe. I will sure be saying prayers that both Maggie and Zoe get better. And Robin, give that Tucker a hug from me.

its' allergy season... and the rash under the collar is probably yeast. Got any malesab plegettes wipes? IF I use a cone, I put a hand towel on the bottom part so it doesn't cause a boo boo or rash.

Sorry yours are having a flair up.

Unless the recent skin tests show differantly (still wating)this Vet still thinks that this is all caused by the spiderbite this summer. That an infection got started, her immune system got battered and then her little drinking spree sent her system reeling. We will see...

Thanks for the heads up on the towel under the cone edge.

As for the Malesab plegettes? I have not been able to locate any as the manufactor was made to stop production. I am using a new shampoo that I just got this week from dermo. I keep looking but no luck

My childhood dog Missy has always had skin issues. She would get this awful rash and the vets never really figured it out. They would tell us to give her child benedryl, and that would help.. but her skin would get so raw and red and she'd lose her hair above her tail.... recently our newest vet did some more looking... and then we found out that this whole time she has been allergic to grass! =(

Poor Maggie and Zoe. DJ you certainly have been through a lot this summer/fall. I hope they get better fast.

This year Moose has been chewing himself toooo much. I thought last year was bad. He does not tear stains and his ears are okay, but he is chewing his back and front legs. Doctor wants to give him steriods but thats no good. If I keep him occupied he usually stops. At night he will stop. Frontline is not working as good. Whats up with the boy???He usually does not talk about it.

Back