What type of haircut?

CodysMom

Owned by
1 cocker
Hi! So I usually give my furbaby, Cody, at home haircuts. But after he was laughed at after the last haircut, I was thinking of going to a groomer to get him a haircut. Right now his coat is a little bit choppy looking :( so any new haircut will have to be short. I want his ears to stay long though, and his little top knot. Any ideas for me to give the groomer? I was considering a poodle type cut, but not sure it would look ok.

Last edited:
Apollo had a groomer that used to do him quite short; she called it the modified puppy cut; she'd save his ears for me since that was one thing I insisted on. The rest was over with a #7 I think, so he was quite smooth.

Google search for cocker spaniel images, and find things you thing would be nice on Cody. Seriously, a picture is worth a thousand words. Nobody, even among good professional pet groomers, has standardized language.

I agree totally with Deborah.. it's like going to the salon yourself, you usually show a pix of what you have in mind.
There are so many variations.

WHO laughed at his haircut??? :$%&#!: If you want to get a prof groom done, then bring a pic of a dog you like so there's less chance of confusion, but really, just ignore rude people. You will get better by doing it more often.

And if, his hair looks like his mamma cut it at home, so what?? Lots of humans look like that too. Its the inside that counts.

Back