Which insurance company should i choose?

MaryLongdale

I just bought my new doggy, and i called her Alice. I had some problems with my previous cocker, she was harmed by neighbor dog and her hospitalization and recovery was really expensive because we had no insurance that can cover all these expenses :confused:
So now, with my second doggy, i don't want to repeat my previous mistakes, so i'm going to insure her.
Can someone give me a piece of advice related to insurance - Which insurance company/plans should i choose to have the highest level of service with the most beneficial terms?

Thanks in advance

I think it's personal choice. I would do some research online. I don't have insurance on my older boy, but, I do have it on my pup with AKC

I had pet insurance once and dropped it. The claim process seemed like a hassle. They also wouldn't cover any preexisting illness. Say you had a tumor removed. They wouldn't cover tumors ever again. Like Polly said, you would have to research them. You might be interested in this article: Pet insurance is rarely worth the price
If you do pick one, let us know why you thought it was the best.

Of course I’m in favor of pet insurance but I don't believe it's the best option for everybody, especially if your dog is already healthy and has a low risk profile or it's a breed with low rates of genetic health issues. Both my dogs are covered through Healthy Paws and they've been great paying quickly and not denying any claims (at least thus far). My older dog had some problems with his ears, so his hospitalization and recovery period was very expensive and I was reimbursed 90% which came out to nearly $10k. I'll add some info that helped me make sense of pet insurance in case anybody is interested. Feel free to send me a pm with any specific questions too.

Vets are too expensive, and it’s putting pets at risk
Cocker Spaniel Dog Insurance - Reviews and Comparisons

Thanks for the links. I saw the insurance comparison page. I didn't know Nationwide had pet insurance.

Back