Why did I even bother?

dizzy

I gave Callie a bath yesterday-she felt dirty, and was a bit smelly. When I was done, and she finally got dry, she smelled really nice, and her hair felt so silky.

Today, I took her w/me to the farm. It snowed Friday, then warmed up over the weekend. Last night didn't get below freezing, and it got into the 50s today. So, there was a lot of mud and water in my field. Needless to say, it's kind of hard to tell now that she's had a bath.

I bet, they sure love their mud holes.. and hate their baths. LOL

Gabby would love to roll in poop after a bath 20 minutes before I had to leave for work. Seriously! He did that more than once. 🙈

I'm going to try and wash just her feet this evening. It will go a long way to making her smell better again.

I'm going to try and wash just her feet this evening. It will go a long way to making her smell better again.
Lots of times I'll take the hose and gently rinse off their feet then towel dry them after a walk. If it's cold I do the same in the tub in the basement.

If this was just from a walk, that might work. But, this was mud that had in all probability both horse and chicken poop mixed in it.

Dizzy it might just be worth it to buy her some snow boots to wear around the farm.. they look funny getting used to them, but, they
will keep her feet clean.

I can only imagine what challenges a farm environment must present to your puppy's growing coat especially since it sounds like you go there daily. This past weekend, there was a melt off and a warm up, here in Ohio, and a lot of mud. Fi and I went to do errands and then to the park. When we got home, I toweled her off and then plopped her in the kitchen sink and we had a bath. If it has been awhile since she has had a bath, then I will simply bathe her....otherwise it is just a rinse off. There is a slush suit you can buy her.....made by a company called Hurrta (not sure about the spelling here). I bought my beagle a snow suit and Fi has a slush suit but it is a hassle to put it on her. It covers all 4 legs but leaves the business end out. They are pricey but when we go to my sister's farm in the wet seasons, I put it on her.

I was able to get some of the mud off of here, but not all. I think I need to rinse her off when it's like that at the farm.

And Mel, I normally do go everyday. I do self care. There are people that are supposed to feed my guys Saturday and Sunday morning, and give my old guy his lunch on those days. After all, I feed their horses all during the week. But it's not unusual for them not to come out. Then, I have to run out 3x in a day to care for them. I so want my own farm.

Back