Best way to bathe a puppy?

manuel

Administrator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
The other day I was bathing Hoshi and everything was going well. You couldn't ask for a better subject. He just sat there in the tub and let everything happen UNTIL I started rinsing his face. I save the face for last since Gabby hates it. Hoshi started to panic and wanted out. I try not to get soap in the eyes. I also try to keep water from the nose so they don't breath it in. I think he started to panic when water got in his eyes. I want bathing to be a positive experience so he'll cooperate. How can I wash Hoshi's face without him panicking?

Manuel,

what I usually do is use a washrag on faces. I use a puppy shampoo on the rag, wet it up and do it that way.

I immediately kiss em and tell them they are going to get a good boy treat when they get out. I keep that promise too.

Tilt head back (like you would a human) and rinse top of head so it doesn't get in eye and use a no-tear shampoo.

Same as doing a baby -- easy does it.

Great tips as always Linny!
I think I will follow them also.. I wet the face down and use a rag but no shampoo.. I will get some baby shampoo for the face.. I know that Anita always used baby shampoo on Hannah.

Manuel,

what I usually do is use a washrag on faces. I use a puppy shampoo on the rag, wet it up and do it that way.

That's a great idea as Maddie and Niki hate to have there faces rinsed.
thanks for the info

Last edited:
That's a great idea. I'll try it next time. We have baby wipes around too.

Ok, color me stupid, but I don't see any new picture of him...

what am I missing?

Hoshi is just adorable in his new haircut. He is looking more like a "real" cocker spaniel and a little less like a little puppy (sob).

Ah, the album, DUH

he looks super

and I swear Kelly, I think he reminds me a little bit of JackJack

Manuel & Gina
He's just beautiful! And, I love his little AKC charm!

Thank you that is nice to hear!

Gina you are welcome!! Did you miss the other post wanting to hear/see more about your new litter?? Please ^_^

Also can we see pictures of Hosi's brother? What's his name?

[
Also can we see pictures of Hosi's brother? What's his name?[/QUOTE]

What you have his brother??? I wanna see.......

Back