Boarding Hoshi while I'm at work

manuel

Administrator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
Next week will be Hoshi's first evening at a boarding service. If I'm satisfied, Hoshi will be going there every evening while I'm at work.

I'm anxious and hope he gets good treatment. I'm mostly concerned that he gets potty breaks during the night. They're supposed to interact with him too. I feel bad leaving him home all alone. Wish us luck!

Oh! So it's like doggy day care! I'm sure it will work for you Manuel, if not this first one, then another that you will find. Good Luck!

Hoping it works well. If he’s anything like my granddog was he’ll really enjoy daycare, even if it’s at night.

I really hope it works well for both of you. Its too bad you couldnt find another nurse on opposite shifts that is interrested in 'sharing' Hoshi. Someone who dosen't want to commit to a dog fulltime or cant afford the costs etc. Or even someone who already has a dog who is compatible I know one dog more in my bed wouldnt make much difference ;)

Someone at work did offer. It just seemed a headache to plan. I appreciated the gesture though.

The first day was awful. I'm reluctant to bring him back but they promised to make up for what happened.

The first day was awful. I'm reluctant to bring him back but they promised to make up for what happened.
Oh no Manuel, is there another close by? I bet Hoshi is more comfortable waiting for you at home.

Not one as reputable. Don't worry. I'll keep looking for a solution.

Hoshi came back with a bloody paw. I'm guessing he tried to claw his way out of his kennel. He was also covered in feces.

Yesterday was his 2nd visit and no problems. They kept him in a penned area behind the office instead of a kennel The guy that took care of him last night seemed really nice. No charge for last night. We'll see how things turn out.

Manuel how about a sitter to stay at your house with him, maybe a vet tech or something. I would be concerned about exposure to stuff that may make him sick, also stress. It’s hard I’m sure and you’re trying so hard to care for him right

Manuel how about a sitter to stay at your house with him, maybe a vet tech or something. I would be concerned about exposure to stuff that may make him sick, also stress. It’s hard I’m sure and you’re trying so hard to care for him right
I'd like that but can't afford it. Even the arrangement I have now is expensive. Thanks though.

How does it seem to be working now Manuel. No more mishaps? Is Hoshi happy there?

Back