Cocker Grooming Pictures????

Anita

Owned by
1 cocker
Dose anyone have some pictures of different Cocker Hair Cuts ?
I am thinking that the groomer I have taken Hannah to twice now really dose not do many Cockers and if only I could get some guide lines like different cuts to give to her maybe Hannah would not come back shaved and her and I would or could get on the same page befor she goes again.

Anita

Anita, what kind of trim do you want Hannah in? I have pictures of Cockers in ALL kinds of trims . . . but am not sure what you're looking for.

Oh Kelly,you might be my life saver to Hannah being shaved:naughty:

Somewhere between (SHAVED AND SHOW CUT) several in between if you have something. I like a shaved back,face but longer skirt and legs.
Anita

Here are a few I have had Reagan in. I am sure others will have better ones.

reagan4_09c.jpg

toypicking.jpg

(She is too busy getting toys out to bother looking at the camera, but her face was just a normal Cocker face)

Reaganinleaves.jpg

This one shows her ears shorter.

apresout.jpg

Here is one of Presley. She isn't clipped down, that is her natural coat length. She just gets feathering on her legs.

Last edited:
I won't be able to post mine until I get home . . . but I'll see what I've got.

you want a puppy cut,

now while there are several different styles, not all of them have names, ya know?

For reference, how about this:

Last edited:
Anita, you have zillions of pictures of Hannah -- when you groomed her, and I'm sure one of those pictures would be good to take in to the groomer.

I usually keep mine in a modified puppy cut, some are longer, some are shorter. Sometimes they have a skirt, sometimes they don't... depends on my mood and the weather.

Ling Ling looks great in an average puppy cut -- but looked even better in full coat. However she mats, so it's a puppy cut for her

My album on here has her in a puppy cut, I'll see if I can find that pic

Last edited:
Dose anyone have some pictures of different Cocker Hair Cuts ?
I am thinking that the groomer I have taken Hannah to twice now really dose not do many Cockers and if only I could get some guide lines like different cuts to give to her maybe Hannah would not come back shaved and her and I would or could get on the same page befor she goes again.

Anita

Most of mine, except the puppies in show coat are shaved and look like little beagles :p
Marval is the exception, I hand strip his back and do a regular show pattern on his head and neck. In May I buzzed his legs with a 4 blade so he is cooler and its easier on me in the summer...but for the next several haircuts...(he gets trimmed every two weeks) I will just do the clipper work, stripping on his back and trim the feet round. Bath him and thats it. Other than brushing his legs I wont trim on them until he gets too long. By that time its October and I will scissor them to about 2.5 inches.
I guess you guys call that a puppy cut...I call it ...cocker cut with scissored legs or 4 blade.

They also have 'guards' for blades and a lot of groomers use those. I don't because its just faster for me to scissor...

sincerely

Gina-scissorhands

Attachments

• summer cut.jpg
    summer cut.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 930
Last edited:
Oh Marval . . . SOOOOOOOOOOO handsome! Give him some kisses from his Aunty Kelly!!! :D

PS. I also hand-scissor instead of using clipper combs . . . it's faster and tidier-looking.

I know nothing about grooming, but when Frankie's "haircut" is about 4 weeks old, the back is growing in chunks. Can't think of a better way to describe it. I would prefer it stayed smoother, just longer as it grows. Is there something I should tell my groomer to have this happen?? Or does this always happen? He does have a heavy coat.

Marvel looks very dapper -- even half asleep

I don't like the guards either, and the only time I use a blade on legs is if I'm buzzing them. Usually it's scissored.

Dogs tolerate that better anyhow.

Got me a poodle next to buzz -- weeeeeeeeeee, I'll take him down with either a 5F or 7F -- he's black, it's really curly and tight.

Marvel looks very dapper -- even half asleep

I don't like the guards either, and the only time I use a blade on legs is if I'm buzzing them. Usually it's scissored.

Dogs tolerate that better anyhow.

Got me a poodle next to buzz -- weeeeeeeeeee, I'll take him down with either a 5F or 7F -- he's black, it's really curly and tight.

all my other cockers are shaved with a 7f...I use the 10 on their face, necks and sanitary area...Leesha, my mom with babies is the only one with a couple of inches of hair on her, I like the babies to be able to snuggle up to Mom and then Marval has his little bit. But with 8 to keep up with...the less hair the better!

Yup I have lots of pictures of Hannah but I guess I was not to clear to as what I was thinking of.
Like a Groomers Guide picture/s,a drawing like.
When I worked in the beauty shop we had pictures of different styles and the hair cut shown as to inches in the bangs,crown area and such.

Something besides just a picture of Hannah.
Am I being any clearer?
Maybe there is not such a thing to be found.
I have 1 1/2 weeks befor she goes back to figure out something to get her and I on the same page.
With my sholder problem I just don't dare to do her myself or believe you me I sure would be.
Anita

Yup I have lots of pictures of Hannah but I guess I was not to clear to as what I was thinking of.
Like a Groomers Guide picture/s,a drawing like.
When I worked in the beauty shop we had pictures of different styles and the hair cut shown as to inches in the bangs,crown area and such.

Something besides just a picture of Hannah.
Am I being any clearer?
Maybe there is not such a thing to be found.
I have 1 1/2 weeks befor she goes back to figure out something to get her and I on the same page.
With my sholder problem I just don't dare to do her myself or believe you me I sure would be.
Anita

Well there are not any different styles like poodles...cockers all pretty much get done alike just different lengths on the legs...some backs are shaved some are stripped...

There's lotsa videos and stuff on YouTube. I was amazed at the wealth of info there! Facebook too but I hate that place. My pooches are in various cuts to suit me and them. Coco needs a longer trim to hide the tumors he's too old to have removed. Maxwell - when he lost an eye - I let his eyebrows grow and quit trimming that eye socket so no one knew he was missing an eye if they didn't know him/me or looked closely. Mozie's front legs are short compared to the rest of his body so I modified and modified until I got the look I wanted. Sounds like maybe you just need to talk to your groomer and explain the look you're wanting. Better yet get some clippers and have at it! It's not that hard. Although time-consuming, I feel it gives me one more instance when I can bond with my babies for just one on one time! Would only take a few times for the clippers to pay for themselves even!

Sharon,

Anita used to groom Hannah, and I think she did a nice job, BUT her shoulder is messed up and can't do it anymore... hence, her looking for a groomer to do her the way she wants her done.

Anita, there is really no 'diagram' out there for certain cuts. Besides, many of us do things to compliment something on the dog or correct something that is off.

For instance, I use a 10 on face, against the grain, but others might use a #15 (shorter for show grooming), or scissor the topknot, whereas I might use a #4F and then use my blenders on the sides and back of topknot to give it a better look -- same with eyebrows, etc.

Sometimes I use a mars coatking on the back after a #5F is used to shave the back. Just helps it blend in better, and so forth. Everyone has their own little tricks and every dog needs to be done maybe a tad different on ear length or leg length.

I just think you need to show her some of your pics of Hannah how you liked her trimmed.

Tell her how you did it and see if she can follow that. Otherwise you get shave down or something you aren't happy with.

I like topknots and longer ears & legs. Some don't. It's all a preference really. And some have no coat so to speak (field coated, with featerings) and just need a trim here and there.

I thought she looked cute and OK in her last trim, but I know it was too short for your liking... so I hope you let her know. (you probably did) hehehee

Dang Anita I wish you lived here in California! My groomer is the owner of 6 Cockers, 2 of them she shows.

Most of her clients have Cockers, but she also grooms many other breeds!

Anita
I'm sure that one of your wonderful pictures of Hannah can be a guide...
I will take some pictures of my crew tomorrow. Mine are longer now than I have had them in ages. I shave face with a 10 then backs with a 7f.. I also don't like skirts.. mainly because in the winter up here I keep them in jackets. But their leg feathers are long now.. now that I understand more how to bell the feet. ^_^

Back