Cocker Grooming Pictures????

No Linda I did not say anything to her last time as we were new (second time) and when I said a short cocker cut this time I think her and I were on the wrong pace :-(
The first time I said TRIM and she looked good.
I hate pointed Cocker feet I like rounded puffy ones and feathers on the rear end (not cut so close to see everything :-(~~~
((She will hear this time forsure)):)

You think
DSCF1013.jpg
this looks good ?? :) this was the second time, a Pot Belly Piggy forsure look.

This was the first time, this is my Hannah :) and she will be shown both pictures forsure this next time :)

FirstK-9hairtrim.jpg

Justgotatrimandbathtoday4-23-07.jpg

I know its only hair and THANK GOD!! Forsure I will take a 3rd grooming picture to show you all on the 30th :)
Anita

Last edited:
Anita, I think that pic will really help out your groomer then you can tell her other preferences as well. :thumbsup:

Looking at those pictures....If you said to me short Cocker trim ...as a groomer the top pic is probably what your dog would have looked like. I think it looks good (?) I have seen so many hideous Cocker trims that one looks good. The bottom pic her legs are longer I can see that...and I think saying she looks like a pot belly pig is a little extreme...lol
But she is a little "voluptuous" as is normal for a spayed female, unfortunately they get that way...

You probably looked at Marval and said YIKES...hehe that is his summer cut. I don't have time to be a slave to dog hair with all the dogs I have...

Send us a new one when she gets her makeover :)

That second trim looks gorgeous and hides the ummm baggage. So take that pic to the groomer if that's what you want! Every time I groomed my female the neighborhood kids would holler look at the pregnant dog! She wasn't pregnant but she did get kinda heavy until I quit free-feeding. She got up to around 35 pounds which was bad for her but a good weight for Mozart. She dropped to 28 pounds when my vet gave me what-for and how-to. OUCH!

You might want to ask her what # she used on her back, cause on the bigger gals, I don't take it quite so short.

Just a suggestion

Dose anyone have some pictures of different Cocker Hair Cuts ?
I am thinking that the groomer I have taken Hannah to twice now really dose not do many Cockers and if only I could get some guide lines like different cuts to give to her maybe Hannah would not come back shaved and her and I would or could get on the same page befor she goes again.

Anita

I had a horrible time finding a groomer who even knew what a cocker cut was??? But I finally found one that I am pleased with, good luck.

Attachments

• tenn. pics 105.jpg
    tenn. pics 105.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 215
  • angphonepics 124.jpg
    angphonepics 124.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 195
That last picture is what a cocker should look like! Where do you buy the equipment and the blades to groom them with? Seems like there are many types of blades.

I think both pix look great. I like they way your groomer blends in the skirt.

Wow it was something to see this thread come up.... we lost Anita a couple years ago.

Finding a good cocker groomer is a definite challenge, then trying to communicate what you want is near impossible:(

I want a show cut that is short, no wonder I have problems :p

I think she looks cute in her pictures, pot belly pig, not even :)

I had a horrible time finding a groomer who even knew what a cocker cut was??? But I finally found one that I am pleased with, good luck.

Oh god I know! What is with that?! I hate moving because I can never find anyone who knows what the heck they are doing or what I'm talking about/wanting! Cockers are seriously not THAT rare ?! Thank goodness I met Robin upon returning to Oklahoma! Now what to do with going back to Florida! Grr!

It's not that cockers are rare. It's that most people only get them groomed once in a blue moon and half the time they have to be shaved down due to matting. I know one guy that keeps his cocker in a full coat and it's an outside dog. Every single time it comes in there is at least an hour of painful brushing before we can even bathe her. I'm so glad someone else has to do the poor girl as I don't think I could do it to her.

I would tell him how much pain he's putting his poor dog through each time it comes in like that. It's just nit practical to have a cocker be an outside dog AND in coat. If he insists on it, I'd charge him over a hundred dollars for all the extra time it took or tell him he'd have to go somewhere else as I couldn't do that to a dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have tried to tell him. Unfortunately I don't think he hears. Sometimes I wish his groomer would just say no and shave her down. She's done it before but I think it needs to be a regular thing.

I didnt see no point to create new topic for this picture, but heres my firts succes trimming with my regulas hair clipper! :) Penelope is now 12 weeks :)

P9290027.jpg

Well, saying she looks gorgeous is an understatement. You did a great job from what I can see.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

In the early 90's I decided to take on the responsibility of grooming our first cocker Nick. It was mainly a selfish gesture regarding time. If I woke up on any given day and wanted him bathed and groomed, there was no appt necessary. I called around and got a good clipper and blades from a supplier that would sharpen the blades regularly. When Nick passed and we got Butch and Sundance, it was quite a joy and a special time for me to bathe and groom them. We all enjoyed it. They were more comfortable and I enjoyed the "non-schedule". Last
year when Sundance passed at only 4 and when I gave Butch his first grooming, I thought of all the great times I
shared with my babies simply doing this task. Their cuts are not perfect by any means, but in our small town there are few choices for a good groomer. So I guess I am saying, if you have the time, go for it.296.jpg

Love the stroller. I agree. Grooming is good quality time with your pets. Plus, it like giving them a mini exam.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Back