Double K 401 Clippers

I e-mailed the breeder of my minis over the weekend for more info on these clippers....she told me she loves them but they do get hot...but not nearly as fast as regular clippers,very powerful and worth the price. She has owned hers for over 10 years...breeds,shows and trains minis and has clipped hundreds of mini horses and dogs with them.
Guess I better start saving, I think I may just have to try these out. :)

Kathy you will have to let us know how you like them. I think it's a wise choice for you with your horses.

Polly if you think about it...the next time to talk to Robin would you ask her if she knows anything about them or ever used them?

Thank you :)

Kathy you will have to let us know how you like them. I think it's a wise choice for you with your horses.

Yes...probably is the best choice but I just hate spending that much for clippers....but if they have lasted her for ten years with the amount she uses them they should be the last set I ever have to buy...lol It would be nice to have a clipper that is quiet with no vibrations.

lol Polly....they sure will :D

Guess I better start saving now and maybe I can get these in April for horse clipping time. I have a few things I could sell on e-bay for the clipper fund...lol
Says you can also turn them down real slow which is good for puppies or timid dogs...I like the review on this site...tells me a lot more about them than the other site did.

Last edited:
Oh, if you order from them, check for coupon codes first! I just got 15% my last order from them.

Thanks so much Deborah!!! Where would I find a coupon? Do you have a code?

I love Revival! You have to watch their shipping tho because sometimes it is higher than other places. So be sure when you are looking at prices you are watching shipping rates too!

I love the sound of these clippers and it does sound like you can use your A5 blades on this as the description said that it will handle other types of blades as well. I will be curious as to what you think of them when/if you get them. I easily do 5-8 shaves/baths in a day when my cats are due and with Audra coming I will eventually do her grooming on my own as well. Gotta learn first...ha ha! My friend Sharron is a groomer and will probably be doing Audra's grooming to start with (other than regular baths that I will do in between) but I will be going to be hanging out when Audra goes, so Sharron can show me what is what...LOL

Thanks so much Deborah!!! Where would I find a coupon? Do you have a code?

I think I found it on Retail-me-not... I just googled around for it. I frequently do that before I place an order.

I got the Double K Clippers this week...got some help from Hubbie for an early anniversary gift...lol
Had to take them to the barn today and try them out...all I can say is Wow!! They plowed through the thick dense hair like it was nothing and I did not even have them on high speed. I clipped one of my guys head and neck and they never even got warm....they are amazing for my minis!! Last year I had to go very slow,over and over to take off their thick coats,with these one swipe and the hair was gone.
Now for dogs....they have a large thick cord attached to them,it is kinda awkward to turn your clippers and keep the cord out of the way. With practice and figuring out just how to turn them, they will work for Levi also. I have no doubt that the toughest of matted wet hair would just fall off with these clippers...they are very powerful.

View attachment 7688 View attachment 7689

Last edited:
Wow Kathy those clippers must be like magic. Your baby looks so smooth, and with just one swipe over your boys head.

Yes Polly...they are like magic, I am so very pleased with them. I wish you could see and feel the minis coats...almost like sheep wool,very very dense and thick. These clippers just rolled it off like it was nothing and has a very smooth cut...I was truly amazed with them. The only thing is the large kinda stiff cord attached to them but I am sure with practice it will be no problem at all...I can look over that for the results they give. It is still cool here so I will wait till next month to give them the "Cocker Cut"...lol

Thank you Karen,I love barn work, playing with them and tending to my minis...they are very easy to train and so very sweet.

Last edited:
Back