Hello All - from MD

rspeaker

Owned by
2 cockers
Hi there. Been a cocker owner for going on 15 years, jumped over here from the AOL boards in January. Lost my beloved black-and-white parti boy Prince back in October 2007, was unexpected and devastating. The boy ran off to the bridge and left his life-long bud Precious, also a black-and-white parti (female), all alone. We grieved for a month or so before bringing home
8-week old Bailey, a tri-color (but mainly black) male to keep her company.

Along the way I've met some great people, full of terrific advice and kind words. Learned about feeding high quality foods vs grocery store; great training tips like using a clicker; how to care for yeasty ears, and more. Lots of folks here gave me a shoulder to lean on when Prince left.

I'm working on setting up some albums of each of the dogs, so keep checking back. Also, I'd love to know how to get a thumbnail photo to show up beside my name ......

Glad to be here!

Welcome Roy. Sorry to hear of your loss. I saw your pictures. Thanks for sharing. What happened to Bailey that he had to wear e-collar?

Also, I'd love to know how to get a thumbnail photo to show up beside my name ......
You did great! :thumbsup: Let me know if you have any other questions. Just post them in the message board help section.

Hi Roy,

I think I remember you from the AOL board.. what was your screen name over there?

Picture in your avatar is cute!

Welcome Roy! It's great to have you here :)

I'm sorry for your loss - it's always so painful, no matter how old they are or how much we expect it. I'm glad that you have Bailey to bring you joy and smiles.

Hi Roy!
So sorry about your loss.. I lost 4 last year, I do understand...
Glad you found your way here! We are all here and very comfortable!

Last year I lost my Patrick, Pookie and Bunkie.. I lost a little girl that I never got to hold, her name was Carmen. I also was gifted with the best gift ever! His name is Stormy. A beautiful brown boy who is a heart healer.

Welcome Roy! I, too, am sorry for your loss. What a cutie you have in your avatar!

Manuel,

Painful story on the e-collar. We brought Bailey home in November 2007, and did what we thought was a thorough job puppy-proofing the back yard so he would be free to run as much as he wanted. Well, one evening in December 2007, he was exploring as usual when I heard a terrible yelping. Long story short, somehow we had missed a small piece of old rusty barb-wire fencing that was protruding through our fence, and of course Bailey had to find it. He fish-hooked his eyelid on it and was stuck to the fence. Somehow in the dark I managed to unhook him and we took him to the emergency room. Vet said he was the 2nd luckiest dog she ever met, he had completely missed his eye and needed just 2 or 3 stitches to close the hole in his eyelid. He recovered fine and has no lasting problems from it, at least that we know of.

Knowing Bailey, I said he probably did it on purpose, knowing that he would never fit into the smaller crate with the e-collar on and would have to get moved into the larger one.

OUCH! I'm glad everything turned out okay. :luv: I worry when I take Gabby to streams. Sometimes there's wads of tangled up line along the water. Who knows if there's hooks in them or not.

OMGosh! Roy!
I'm so glad he's okay and he didn't hurt himself any more than he did!

Hi Roy, Welcome, this is great place filled with good knowledge and tips.

So sorry for your loss.
It is sure hard to say good bye to our beloved cocker spaniels, they bring so much joy to our lives and we are better people for having them in our world.
I hope you a have tons of great memories to bring you comfort..
Sincerely from the heart.
Shelly :)

Hi Roy~ I remember when you started posting on the aol boards. Glad you have joined us here!

My stomach just turned when I read what happened to Bailey. Ouch! So happy she recovered from that injury.

Hi Roy and welcome. I am sorry for your loss as I have had my share also. Its very hard to say goodbye to a furkid.

I have a 3 year old red American cocker (Pluto) and a 4 month old red English cocker (Woody) and he keeps me VERY busy! We had two weeks to puppy proof our house and Woody still found stuff to get into.

Looks like your group keeps you busy too.

Back