Hello All

Toolie

Owned by
8 cockers
Hi there - my name is Toolie and I am co-director of Life's Little Paws. Many of you already know me. I was pleased to find this forum to share 'chats' about our cockers.

For those that don't know me - I have a huge passion for rescue - mostly for the sight challenged. As of today (the number changes constantly) I have 13 dogs in my home. Twelve cockers - six sight challenged. The 13th is a doxie.

Life's Little Paws just got our 501c3 status which we worked long and hard for. It is going to be well worth it for the dogs in the long run though.

As I said before, my focus is the sight challenged. I will be working with our 'eye guy' Dr. Nick Cossotis in NH to apply for grants to help the sight challenged cockers. As we all know it is not cheap to remove cataracts. We have done it several times and at $3,000 a dog - that is tough to raise in a raffle - especially in these hard times. I currently have three cockers fostering with me that are candidates for cataract removal. That would be a $9,000 bill. Obviously raising grant money will be necessary. That is our hope. There are so many cockers out there that need the help.

Anyway, I am the proud Mom of seven cockers, one doxie, one permanent foster cocker and four current cocker fosters. My house is a zoo and I would have it no other way.

Thanks for letting me join.

Welcome Toolie and all your permanent and other crew! Thirteen pooches - WOW! Hope you can get your grant for those babies and a million thanks for what you do!

Welcome Toolie. Thanks for introducing yourself. I appreciate organizations such as yours that help out homeless cockers. Please feel free to use our board for your organization. Dont' be afraid to post your link. ^_^

Hi Toolie! Good to see you hear! You amaze me for what you do for the cockers....esp. the sight challenged. Congrats on your 501c3!

Back