'HELLO' from a Newbie in Ohio

Jules

Owned by
1 cocker
First of all, I would like to say 'hello' to administration and all current members.

As I am new to this forum, and do not know anyone here (as of yet :naughty:); one thing for certain, we are all lovers of Cocker Spaniels ! That gives us already something in common ~

I am married with 5 children and 7 grandchildren ~ I also have/had a beautiful furbaby named Sam. Sadly, and with a broken heart ~ our boy went to cross Rainbow Bridge on September 20, 2012 ... He stole our hearts 15 years ago and will remain there for all eternity. As Sammy left such an imprint on our hearts ~ and after a short discussion ~ we are now currently 'expectant parents' of a 1.5 week old little boy we named Riley. He is due to be with us in his forever home in 8 weeks. I know Sam would love the fact that another furbaby will reign on his property, once again ~

I am looking forward to getting to know as many members as possible; and share our experiences ~ until then, I wish you all a very good day ~

~ Jules

Welcome Jules! :) I'm Jessica, proud owner of my two CKC American Cocker Spaniels, Apollo who is Black/White/Tan tri parti and his sister (out of the same litter) Moon who is Black/Tan :) They will be a year on October 9th. You will love everyone on here, they are very helpful when it comes to giving advice :) do you have any pictures of your old and soon to be new furbaby? :)

Welcome :)

So sad to hear from Sam, I'm sure he was a great boy and he will be pleased to know you still love him and are now going to take care of another precious boy :)

Welcome Jules. I'm so glad you found us. My condolances on the loss of Sammy. It is always so difficult to lose a beloved family member.

I hope the excitement of your new little one helps to heal your heart.

Welcome Jules. I'm sorry for your loss. I saw your thread in the memorial forum but did not approve it because my policy with 1st time posters. Unfortunately we have had trolls with morbid humor post in that forum. Once you start posting regularly, I'll approve your memorial post. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jules, I'm a newbie too and I'm so sorry for your loss...:( Sammy lives on in your heart and now through us...:)

What color is Riley? I see Sammy was the same Buff color as my Maddie and I admit a slight preference for the blondies..:D

Welcome!

Good Morning Everyone ! Thank you ~ Jessica, Kobie, Karenwalksthedogs, Manuel and Melina for welcoming me to 'My Cocker Spaniel' forum, and for your kind condolences on the loss of our Sam ...

@Jessica ~ Within my profile, I uploaded photos of Sammy and only have two photos of Riley takes last week ~ his eyes are still closed, as he was only a few days old at the time the pictures were snapped ... I will upload them later :) I love the names you gave your two furbabies ~ Apollo and Moon ... Is there a future 'Star' possibly ? They are such a joy ... @Kobie ~ Yes, our Sam was a fantastic boy ... I owned an in-home daycare and preschool for many years ~ Sam was brought home as an 8wk old pup to all the chaos of infants, toddlers and preschoolers ~ he loved 15 years of 'overseeing' these children; he was incredible with them all ... Looking forward to enjoying puppy-hood, adolescent years, middle age and senior time, once again with Riley. We also owned and loved a Beagle and a Mini Shetland Sheepdog; that have passed on a few years back ~ every bit as wonderful as Sam ~ I'm sure another canine sibling will be added to our household, as well. @Karenwalksthedogs ~ Many tears have been and still are being shed over Sam (I know everyone here surely understands the loss and sadness) ~ knowing Riley is in our near future, helps to soften the pain. The excitement is beginning to build, as we prepare for puppy time ! @Manuel ~ I understand FULLY, as to why you need to be sure of new posters and the need to weed out the trolls ... I currently over-see and monitor two websites and two Facebook group pages ~ it still amazes me, that some people can spill such hatred or ill-mannered words about a situation and/or other people. I appreciate a wonderful forum, such as this one :) @Melina ~ Your Maddie reminds me of Sam ! He was Buff alright ~ had mostly white fur with splashes of red here and there ~ I love the 'blondies' myself ;) Riley, however, is more red with a tuff of white on his upper forehead and muzzle ~ he does have some white 'striping' mixed with the red on his body ~ I'm anxious to see what his true markings will be when he is older.

Once again, thank you all for the warm welcome; and look I forward to posting and "chatting" with you all in various threads.

Have a wonderful Saturday ~

Hello, Jules! I am Judy from Connecticut, and my husband Paul and I have one 8 year old black cocker named Frankie. He is little angel with a touch of the devil in him. (read "cocker.) I have only two daughters and two grandchildren. Those "grandchildren" are 22 and 24, which boggles my mind! The younger, my grandson RJ, is a senior at Cleveland Institute of Art. Are you near Cleveland?

I am so sorry that Sammy went to the Bridge (as we say, and it is comforting.) I have been through this several times and it is always heartwrenching. I know this new puppy will help fill that hole in your heart. Life with a puppy will certainly be active! You should have him in time for Christmas.

Welcome Jules! And terribly sorry for the loss of your pet. I know how hard that is. Hugs, Jen

Welcome, and condolences on the loss of your Sammy. I'm Deborah, and my husband and I live with two rescue parti cockers: Cordelia, aged 6; and Nicholas Cockervich Nobarkoff, who is about 15. Congrats of your soon to be puppy!

Good Morning Everyone ! Thank you ~ Jessica, Kobie, Karenwalksthedogs, Manuel and Melina for welcoming me to 'My Cocker Spaniel' forum, and for your kind condolences on the loss of our Sam ...

@Jessica ~ Within my profile, I uploaded photos of Sammy and only have two photos of Riley takes last week ~ his eyes are still closed, as he was only a few days old at the time the pictures were snapped ... I will upload them later :) I love the names you gave your two furbabies ~ Apollo and Moon ... Is there a future 'Star' possibly ? They are such a joy ... ~

There actually was going to be a 'Star'
Her name was going to be Astra which meant Star but the owner who I was going to get her from tried to push her off on me at 4 weeks old. So maybe in the future I will own a 'Star'

Back