Hello from PA!

Marti

Owned by
1 cocker
Hi! I am Marti and mom to Charley, my first and only Cocker (so far... ;) ), two GSDs, two kitties, and two daughters, ages 7 and 12. We all live south of Pittsburgh, PA and are desperately awaiting the beginning of spring, lol! I thought it would be fun to meet other Cocker Spaniel owners and see what else I can learn about this wonderful breed! :)

Hi Marti - welcome to the forum! It's great to have you and your zoo here :)

I have to ask - what is the difference between a black/tan GSD and a bi-color GSD?

Marti Welcome to the best cocker place ever!
We also have Patti here who has GSD's.
They are wonderful dogs.. almost as great as cockers (just kidding.. :naughty:)

I'm Polly and I live in Santa Clarita CA with my hubby Michael and our 4 cockers. Pepper, Petunia, Pogo and Stormy!

Thanks for the welcome! This site http://www.justshepherds.com/colors.htm gives an explanation of and some examples of the different GSD coat colors/patterns. Bi-colors can also be identified by "pencilling", or black stripes on their toes, and "tar heels", or the black fur on the backs of their legs.

Here is a pic of my bi-color Delilah:
100_1878.jpg

And here is Gunner:
100_0166.jpg

And both of them together. :)
gd1.jpg

That is so interesting about the difference in colouration of GSDs - I really had no idea. I thought they were all just black/tan. You have beautiful dogs :)

Gorgeous pooches! Welcome to the board!!! I am Sharon - mom to four Cocker rescues all brought on board in the past year ranging in age from 4 to nearly 14. I lost a sweet little heart dog (cocker of course) 12/07 and these guys are working hard to mend my heart and soul! :)

Gunner and Delilah are beautiful! My fil once had a long haired sheppard that was beautiful also.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and welcome!! I feel bad I haven't posted any pics of Charley yet except in my avatar - I will have to start an album for him! :)

Welcome Marti and gang! You can tell how much I know about German Shepards--I had to look up GSD. ^_^ Those are great pictures of your two. I'm looking forward to hearing more about Charley and seeing his pics.

Is charley less loved :lol: You managed to post huge pics of your German shepards but posted tiny pics of Charley.

Is charley less loved :lol: You managed to post huge pics of your German shepards but posted tiny pics of Charley.

LOL! I'm not quite sure how that happened!! I posted direct links from Photobucket of the GSDs and saved copies from Photobucket to my desktop of Charley and then uploaded them in to the album on here. I will have to post more photos of Char in a thread so he looks huge, too! :p But believe me, Charley is no less loved!! He is my sensitive, gentle soul!! :wub:

Back