Hello, new to the forum

Shane Leighton

Hello guys,

My name is Shane and I live in Eastern Canada. I am a married father of two, about to welcome the newest addition to the family on Dec 17th of this year. We are bringing home "Lucy" a femaile cocker spaniel pup. This will be our first cocker spaniel, and the first dog of my life that was not a german sheppard, having had 3 that spanned 33 of my 38 years. I had to put my girl down last year, 6 weeks short of her 14th birthday, and after much time and much careful thought and planning we have decided to go with a cocker spaniel. She will be ready on Dec 15th, and we will be bringing her home on the 17th. We have two cats in the house, which i am sure will make things interesting. I have really missed the campionship of a dog, and putting down my last dog was one of the hardest things i have ever done. I can assure you that our new addition will be loved and given a great home. I am reading all i can on the net about cocker spaniels specifically, and also about training puppy's in general. I look forward to jumping in here on the forums!

Shane.

3e portée Lassie fem blonde 004.jpg

Welcome Shane & Lucy! I'm Betty, mom to 6 cocker spaniels. IMO they are addicting:).

Welcome Shane! Lucy is adorable. What a darling face. You came to the right place to learn about the breed. We have lots of experts here. Be sure to visit our grooming forum, since grooming Lucy will be different than your GSDs. Welcome again! I'm Polly, I live in So California with hubby Michael and our 3 cocker spaniels. Like Betty said, it's hard to just have one! :D:wave:

Welcome Shane. Lucy is such a pretty puppy.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum! You will not be let down by how much you will love a cocker. Best dogs I have ever owned!

Hi Shane, welcome to our group! Lucy is so beautiful. She will get her way with those beautiful cocker eyes!

I'm Gordon, owned by Tasha 2.0. Sometimes you will see that I refer to Tasha (1), she crossed the bridge in 2009, keeping her name was easier than teaching my parrots a new name.

Welcome! Lucy is beautiful. It makes me wish Scarlett was still that small. I'm Valerie and live with my husband, Scarlett our 7 month old Cocker, Sophie our yorkie mix who is appx. 2 and Dinah our cat who is also 2

Welcome Shane and Lucy:wave:...she is very cute! I'm Susan from Australia and Mum to Isolde...LH GSD, Quintus...Havanese, Yindi...Afghan pup and our English Cocker girl, Henna...she's the boss! :paw:

she's here...

Lucy is here and is fitting in nicely. The two cats are not too sure what to think yet, but are starting to come around more. She cried abit in her kennel last night, but it wasn't too bad. Glad to have a dog again, i have really been missing the companionship since having to put down my Sheppard last year.

DSCF0080.jpgIMAG0450.jpg

Those are the cute pictures.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Those pictures are very sweet. I'm glad you're enjoying having a dog in the house. I'm sure the cats will adjust to Lucy in time.

Back