Hey fellow C.Spaniel lovers!

member 23

Owned by
1 cocker
Hey all,

My name is Ashlee, I'm 22 and my boyfriend of 3 years and I live in Tampa, Florida (though we're moving to Albuquerque, NM at the end of the month). We are owned by our american cocker Kaylee. She is almost 2 years old now; we've had her since she was 7 weeks old! She's black with a touch of white on the chest... And best of all: She still has her tail!

Kaylee is our little girl, our pride and joy. We also own ferrets, and after a year on a ferret forum, I realized "Why aren't I on a forum for cockers?!" So here I am!

Our little cocker has turned us onto the breed~ We love all breeds and have owned others in the past, but none quite the same as the cocker. After we get moved to Albuquerque and get settled, we're considering bringing another one into our lives. We feel that Kaylee needs someone to play with, plus we love cockers so much now that the idea of having a second is very exciting!

That's all for now.. I look forward to meeting you all, and thanks for such an awesome forum!

In the attachments you'll see a few pictures, ranging from her puppyhood to present day!
Also, here's a video I posted on youtube of her chasing one of her favorite things! A laser dot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e84SwkusPHY

Welcome Ashlee, Kaylee, and Boyfriend of 3 years! Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing!
I am Robin from Northwest Oklahoma owned by 5 cockers, 4 of which are showdogs, 1 pet and 1 min pin. Plus I have 4 rescued cockers of which I'm fostering.
Please be patient if your posts don't appear right away as they'll be moderated for a while. Again, welcome!

Welcome Ashlee and Kaylee. Love the pictures especially the 2nd one of her smiling--such a cute smile. Kaylee was so adamant in her chase on the video. :)

Welcome to the forum! I'm Dot and I live in Pasco County with hubby, and 3 rescues. Two cockers (Ellie and Charley) and a vizsla (Otto).

Love Kaylee's pics. She is a cutie pie!

Helo and welcome from a fellow Tampan! I am currently owned by 3 cocker rescue boyz. Kaylee's a cutie!

Welcome Ashley and Kaylee! I'm Polly and I live in So CA with my hubby Michael and our 4 cockers, 3 rescues ranging in age from about 13 to 6 and our one retired show boy who came from Robin in OK! Kaylee is a doll! Such a cute girly! We would love to see more pictures and pix of your ferrett to too two!

Hi Ashlee! Kaylee is Beautiful!I am particle to Black Cockers because I own one He is 4 months and his name is Max! I am 27 and Live in MI. The people are awesome here.They make you feel so welcome.

Last edited:
Aww, thanks for such a warm welcome everyone!! @Oklahomans, I was actually born and raised in Tulsa. :D I see it's a small world in this forum!! Love it!

Attached are some pictures of our carpet sharks! :)

Cute ferrets. How does Kaylee get along with them? Do they play together?

Very cute pictures! Thanks for sharing. I don't know much about ferrets. Do they get along with Kaylee like Manuel asked? How long is their life span? Do they come when you call them? I had guena pigs years ago, they were fun. They would peep anytime I opened the fridge LOL.

They do play together! Not very often though, as Kaylee is very high-energy and the ferts just get annoyed. :)

Ferrets are very smart little critters and some do come when called- mine don't, because they are very ADD and don't want to learn! haha, Plus they are the pickiest ferrets and the only treat they enjoy is Ferretone, which is a liquid that is only good in small amounts. Their life span is anywhere from 7 to 10 (and in rare cases 12) years. Unfortunately, most pass of adrenal cancer or old age. But they are sweet, hilarious, and wonderful pets. They are like cats, except more uppity. Haha! We love them to death, they are high maintenance though!

How cute is that video!!! I'm Judy from Connecticut and have Frankie, age 5, also black but with more white than Kaylee has and less of a tail!! Welcome!!

Hello and welcome!!
You've got quite the clan there!!
I'm Jenn, 29 and hail of Atlantic Canada. My hubby and I are owned by Peekaboo, our chocolate girl. I'm partial to the dark colours, chocolate first, closely followed by the black. :)

Welcome to the forum! The 2nd picture was my favorite. The video was great. I think the cockers just have a thing for lasers. ;) Do the ferrets chase them?

That's one of my favorite pics of her, too. :) Ironically, I bought the laser for the ferrets... they hardly pay attention to it! It didn't go to waste once Kaylee spotted it though! She loooves it. She will try to follow it up the wall!

Last edited:
I'm Randy from Ohio(originally from Maine). I am owned by my ACS, Butters, 13 y/o and ESS R.J. (Rufus James), 4 y/o. I have a laser pointer to two too and R.J. loves to chase it. I'll stand at the end of the hallway and shine it on the front door and he goes after it full speed. Welcome!!!

Hi Im Heidi.Im from NY.I'm 28,i'm married and have an 8 month old son Riley.I have my 2 cocker pups Franky,7wks old and Misty,almost 6 months old.I also have a Golden Shepherd mix.She's like the pups mom!I also have 11 keets and 1 tiel.It's a pretty busy house! My brother lives in NM,and I visited him a few years ago.Its beautiful out there compared to NY.He lived right by the mountains,was a beautiful view right out his backyard!Now he bought a home in Rio Rancho..not far from the mesa and we are considering taking a road trip this August as we have vacation time.Have alot of pet care to sort out here in NY first,and some planning to do well beforehand,but I have some family that have helped when I went last time.Looking forward to it. I welcome you to the forum and seen your pics and your vid and love your pup!! I'm a fan of the natural tail too.My misty has one!

Back