Hey Y'all!

Sarah Jordan

Just wanted to introduce myself and our little black bear named Wally. My name is Sarah and I hail from NC, about 30 miles outside of Charlotte.

My husband, three sons, and I, adopted/rescued Wally nine years ago when he was just one year old. He had been listed in our local paper for free. We were told by his owner that she worked all day and just didn't have time for him. We found out, after the fact, that the owner who didn't have time for him was also the "breeder".

The days after we brought him home we discovered three things that bothered us. He would run off and not look back, he would not obey the easiest commands, and he nearly bit my arm off when I tried brush his coat. We were determined to love him despite his faults and we have!

In the last three years we have added to our animal family and Wally has adjusted quite well. He is nicknamed the Grumpy Old Man because he doesn't like the younger dogs frolicking and playing in his presence. He barks at them as though he's telling them to settle down. LOL

I'm looking forward to hearing from others and learning what to expect as Wally gets older.

P.S. I tried adding pics, but kept getting an error saying my files were too large.

Welcome Sarah and Wally. Have you tried obedience classes? It's a great start (and never too late). I wish I thought of it with my first cocker. Sorry you weren't able to attach pictures. The limit is 5 MB which allows large uploads. What did you take pictures with? I have the latest iPhone and my pictures are typically around 2-3 MB. If anyone else is having trouble uploading pics, let me know. I tested myself just now and working okay.

I love that nickname, Grumpy Old Man. That's too cute. My dog has issues with coat brushing too, but she just more so wants to chew on the brush. I hope you figure out pictures because I'd love to see him!

I love that nickname, Grumpy Old Man. That's too cute. My dog has issues with coat brushing too, but she just more so wants to chew on the brush. I hope you figure out pictures because I'd love to see him!
Sorry I'm just now replying. I've been on vacation and trying to get back to "real" life. Grumpy Old Man fits him so well, for many reasons, but as I'm reading in the forum I'm seeing that I'm not alone. He really is such a good dog, but I want to help him with some of his fears. BTW, I figured out the problem with my pics! Here he is!20170629_231114.jpg 20170607_112339.jpg 20170629_230937.jpg

Back