Hi from alberta, canada

~Winston'sMom~

Hi everyone my name is victoria and i am from calgary, alberta canada and i am the mom to a purebred american cocker spaniel named winston(used to be amigo but didn't suit him at all) who is an almost 9 month old buff/silver male who is not neutered(we plan to get that fixed right away) Well i came across my now puppy from a classified ad of a family needing to get rid of him and i thought he was super adorable. So i asked my mom if her and my dad could drive me and my fiance to go and see them so they agreed(long story short) he is ours now and i couldn't be happier. But there are a couple issues with the people we got him from. We learnt he WAS NOT fixed(goes in september 4th as i do not condone breeding only if you have a lincense-they even asked if we were going to which we replied with a big fat no) only had his puppy shots when they get them at 6-8 weeks old, hadn't seen a vet at all till friday when we took him) i am very thankful that he is healthy(they even took him to an off-leash dog park) which made me very up-set that they would put him and other dogs in danger. I have been a foster mom for different dogs but mostly mixed breeds so i am very protective over any type of dog when their owners have no idea what they are doing. They had gotten him from a breeder in alberta. They taught him to ring a bell to go outside, sit, lay down and stay which i am glad for. This is my second purebred am. cocker spaniel the first one i had was also from a breeder with my family when i was just young named chance who was also a buff male very sweet too.

Well here are a couple pictures of my new puppy winston. He had a horrible haircut until friday and had the proper cocker spaniel cut and looks great now.

Before Haircut..

winston.jpg

winston2.jpg

After Haircut...

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

Welcome to our group! That dog is adorable. He looks like David Bowie in the Before pictures.

Hi Victoria - I'm from Alberta too, but more in the Great White North (Fort McMurray). Nice to see another Canuck here!

Winston is a beautiful dog . . . I'm glad you plan to get him neutered. He'll be a much nicer dog to live with, I promise. Welcome to the forum!

Wow... Winston is a handsome young man! Welcome to the group, and happy you were able to get him out of there and give him the proper care!

A big welcome from Northwestern Oklahoma. Winston is a very cute guy. He looks more grown up in his after pics rather than the unruly teenager in the before!

Welcome to the board...DJ here from Washington State, where my husband and I live with our three lovely cocker girls. Hannah, Maggie and little Zoe' maybe a little spoiled but are generous enought to let us share the bed at night...LOL

I kinda liked the wild child look that he had going but he is very handsome indeed in his new clip.

Beautiful pooch! Welcome to the board from Florida. I'm Sharon and owned by 5 American Cocker rescue boys.

Welcome from central Florida. I'm Carol and mom to two cockers, Pluto, my buff American cocker and Woody, my red English cocker. Your new puppy is adorable.

What horrible pet parents to not have him vaccinated or have proper vet care. We do without to make sure the dogs have what they need. Glad he found a loving home with you. Best of luck.

Thank you for the warm welcomes for me and winston. My sister in law also loved the hair before he got his haircut but now he looks alot like our old cocker spaniel which is nice since he was my favorite out of the dogs we have had since i was quite young. You are right mypluto about them not getting the proper vet care he needed and them letting him go to off-leash parks really put it over the edge for me. They could of seriously gotten him or another dog sick which is animal abuse in my mind. I am a foster mom for a couple rescues as well have taken in animals in my own home that were neglected or abused and found them loving homes. So i am very passionate about canines, felines and any other animal that needs help. I hope one day to move out of our condo that we are living in and buy a nice big plot of land and have my own rescue for any animal that needs help.

Welcome, Welcome
Winston looks so handsome and how lucky is he to have found you. Take care.
My Domino is a black, white, tan parti pup. He is my darling. I adopted him, rather he adopted me before he was a year old. Smart little bugger!
Joyce and Domino - Surprise, AZ

Welcome Victoria & Winston! I am soooo glad he know has someone to love & take care of him properly:)

I am Betty & mom to 5 ACS.

Winston is just gorgeous! I think he is going to be very happy with you to care for him. I also love your goal of having your own home with room for rescuing. There are so many dogs who need help, and it appears you are good at it! Welcome to the Board.

I'm Judy, my cocker spaniel is Frankie, who will be 5 in another week. We live in Connecticut.

All the pictures of your cocker spaniels look adorable. I specially love the black and white cockers they are just adorable i really hope to add another one sometime soon. Thank you judy. I have had that dream since i was quite young and i just turned 23 in july and have actually been fostering and rescuing since i was 18 years old but i hope to do it as long as i can but i am also happy that i have a soon to be husband that doesnt mind me having this kind of dream so it really helps and i hope to pass my love for animals purebred and mixed to my niece and nephew as well as my own kids. I hope i am since we just took in a horrible looking cat that just came from a hoarder and already 5 have died from the same hoarder and she is in discusting shape so she is going to be a challenge but a great one to get her back to perfect health so we named her bella.

Back