Hi from Bluefield,WV

Sasha'sMom

New Cocker Mom
Owned by
1 cocker
Hi my name is Angel and my new cocker puppy's name is Sasha. She's not home yet, won't be here til 9-20-09 but if you look at my avator pic that's her. She's my first cocker but not my first dog. Always had chihuahuas,yorkies and great danes. I promised myself I would get my dream dog, and after alot fo research. {ten years almost} I found a solid local to me breeder and paid in full for her. LOL I know her coloring is such that I can't show. I was wondering do cocker do well in fly ball? or agility?

Anyone in WV? Angel

Welcome to our little cocker world. Sasha is a cute little puppy. Cockers excel in anything they're trained for ~ they do it all and they love to please.

I live in northwestern Oklahoma with my 6 cockers (one champion and two currently showing), 1 min pin, and 1 eleven year old foster cocker who's currently seeking a retirement home.

Her picture is adorable. I don't think I could hold out for a month waiting on her. I'm glad to hear you put so much planning and thought before purchasing her. I have 2 cockers myself.

LOL I'm abit of a over planner.

I fell for her pretty quick in all. Her sisters and brothers are all gold and white very pretty, but she really caught my eye.

Welcome Angel and soon to be Sasha :) I hope you enjoy it here.

Cockers do well in obedience, agility, flyball, rally-o and more. Whatever sport you want to try, your girl will probably be very happy to work with you.

A BIG cocker welcome to Angel and Sasha.

What a little cutie that Sasha is. Congrats on the new addition to your family. We look forward to hearing more about Sasha in the future.

Hi my name is Angel and my new cocker puppy's name is Sasha......I was wondering do cocker do well in fly ball? or agility?

Anyone in WV? Angel

Welcome Angel;

We have English Cockers (the "ahem!" original edition) and many have participated in both agility and flyball with a respectable degree of success. There are pictures and competition records for a number of our dogs in both endevors on the website I've created. (link found below my name, click on appropriate menu topic)

Don't push your dog to extremes in these sports when under a year old and be sure to follow through with physical evaluations (OFfA certifications for hips, elbows, and patellas/kneecaps).

We've pretty much dropped out of Flyball, though. We found that training the dogs to "hit" the flyball box was counterproductive with regards to expected lifetimes for aluminum storm doors. :p

Welcome Angel and Sasha!
Angel your pup is a little doll! What a pretty baby. Be sure to blog her homecoming and growth! We love blogs here!

I'm Polly and I live with hubby Mike and our 4 cockers in the forests above Los Angeles. One is one of Robin's Champions, Stormy and 3 rescues, Pepper, Pogo and Petunia.

Glad to meet ya and hope to get to know you!

Dangrous for storm doors huh? Oh nuts

There goes my storm door. Well those are all future plans anywhoo. What I really want to do is have a pleasent walking partner. I'm starting Weight Watchers and no one in my family will walk with me. LOL both Sasha and I are going to take it slow and easy. I'm not fast nore can I go for long. I aslo want a snuggler. LOL Angel

Mark J said:
We have English Cockers (the "ahem!" original edition) and many have participated in both agility and flyball with a respectable degree of success. There are pictures and competition records for a number of our dogs in both endevors on the website I've created. (link found below my name, click on appropriate menu topic)

Don't push your dog to extremes in these sports when under a year old and be sure to follow through with physical evaluations (OFfA certifications for hips, elbows, and patellas/kneecaps).

We've pretty much dropped out of Flyball, though. We found that training the dogs to "hit" the flyball box was counterproductive with regards to expected lifetimes for aluminum storm doors. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome! I currently reside in Florida with my five rescue boyz and 1 cranky bird but we used to live in Martinsburg W.V. Lovely country up there but I really don't like the cold and the snow/ice storms. Last year we were there all the interstates were closed and I had an hour to drive to work which took waaaay more than an hour. Promised myself I would depart for warmer territory within the year! ^_^

Cute little baby!

LOL Lucky you.

Hello and welcome! I currently reside in Florida with my five rescue boyz and 1 cranky bird but we used to live in Martinsburg W.V. Lovely country up there but I really don't like the cold and the snow/ice storms. Last year we were there all the interstates were closed and I had an hour to drive to work which took waaaay more than an hour. Promised myself I would depart for warmer territory within the year! ^_^

Cute little baby!

We're here from Maine. Where I was born, we're here for my husband and I to finsh our degrees and then we're moving to anywhere but here. LOL Bluefield is very small and alittle backwards. Like my neighbors and even our vet don't really push spay or neutering. I'm a spay neuter nazi. So far in my local area I've rehab and rehomed a dozen cats and kittens or more. {really should look at my records.} anyway it's nice but not really my kind of place. I LOVE DC! and that's where I want to live,but Mike my husband wants to work and live in Dallas,Texas.

I'm going to college to become a computer techican. Mike's working on his Masters in IT. so my plans is to be part time at a small business and freeload off my husband. LOL

Angel

WELCOME Angel & Sasha :wave: I know what it is like waiting for your puppy. We are getting our 3rd pup around Sept. 15. She is a full sister to our Sadie. I wasn't planning on a 3rd, but when I emailed Sadie's breeder to let her know how she was doing, she told me that she had a full sibling to Sadie and that it would be the last litter. I couldn't pass her (Stella) up because Sadie is the BEST dog we have ever had. :)

Back