Hi from North Carolina!

Haley D.

Hi there!
My name is Haley and I'm from western North Carolina. To tell you a little about myself, I am a nursing student pursuing a nurse practitioning license, I enjoy all things outdoors, animals, and all things pertaining to health and wellness.
To tell you a little about my love for cockers, well I grew up with a little black and white parti cocker when I was around 4 to 10. She was adopted a little bit older so I only got to share a short part of her life but she was one of the best dogs I have ever known.
Up until I was around 17 I hadn't been around another cocker, until I had the opportunity to become a full time dog sitter to four cocker boys. All were pretty old guys but they won my heart completely over. A year or so after that I adopted a rescue cocker named Buddy who was a 2 year old red parti with ticking (I've always called it roan). And he is still my best friend in the entire world, there is no one more loving than he is.
Well I've decided it's time to adopt a puppy. I've never had the joy of a cocker puppy, and this week I went to pick out my puppy and put a deposit down. I cannot tell you how excited I am for July 5th!!
But anyway, my first question for the people who know more than me is what color do you think my new boy will grow up to be? I know he's buff, but I also know buff can vary pretty widely in shade variation. His litter consisted of his color, a more silver color, and black.
Here's a picture of both Buddy my older boy and the puppy. IMG_5113.JPGIMG_4484.JPG

Welcome Haley. Buddy is very handsome and the puppy is so sweet. It's easy to see that your puppy is a buff but it's hard to tell right now what shade of buff your new pup will turn out to be while he's so small. Do you have a name picked out?

Welcome Haley and thanks for the introduction. I think it's too early still and his coat may change but buff most likely. Buddy is a beautiful dog by the way.

Thank you guys! I haven't picked out a name for the puppy yet, for right now he's just being called "the baby" haha. I usually don't end up naming my dogs until I've had them for a few days, their personality picks a name for me! (But for some reason I'm feeling Georgie).

Welcome Haley and Buddy and Baby! Buddy is a beautiful boy as is your baby. :heart_eyes:

Back