Hi, nice to meet everyone!

Swolek

Owned by
3 cockers
My name is Stephanie and I live in New York with a menagerie of animals ;). I'm a college student studying Biology with a minor in Chemistry and I work as a tutor/science student mentor. My heart breed is the American Cocker Spaniel and I have two, Sophie and Gracie. Sophie is 7 years old and I've had her since she was an 8 week old puppy. Gracie is 12 and I rescued her this year. She's deaf and had horrible, chronic ear infections before I got her. She'll never regain her hearing but the infections have been taken care of. One ear still gets a bit yeasty but daily cleaning takes care of it. The bacterial infections are totally gone and if anyone is currently struggling with Cocker ear infections feel free to PM me and I'll link you to the ear wash I used. In addition to my own Cockers, I'm currently helping take care of my mom's Cocker, Bambi. She's basically a family dog and is 6 years old. The whole family loves the breed ;).

I volunteer for a local rescue that pulls dogs and cats from kill shelters in GA. I foster dogs and occasionally rabbits. My current foster dog, Korra, is going home tomorrow, in fact :). Then we'll probably be getting a Beagle mix. In the past I've volunteered at a shelter in El Paso, TX working with the kitties. Rescue is really important to me and I'm happy to see so many adopted Cockers on here (nothing at all against responsible breeders, though).

I feed my dogs a homemade raw diet and have found it's especially useful to prevent yeast infections. So if anyone wants info on that, let me know.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone :).

Hi Stephanie, Sophie and Gracie. I have a 4 y/o black cocker. Her name is Pumpkin. You have lots of pets.

Welcome Stephanie and thanks for introducing us to your pack. That is great of you to volunteer with your busy schedule. Hope to hear more from you again. I'm hoping to post some new pictures of my cocker spaniel Hoshi later.

My Moose wants to meet you. He is a chocolate cocker and is nine years old. Everyone on this site is friendly and helpful.

Welcome Stephanie and pack! You do have a very diverse family group there! I'm Polly, and, I live with hubby Michael in the Angeles National Forest above So CA with our 3 cockers, Pepper a black & tan rescue who is about 12, Pogo a buff rescue who is 7, and Stormy, a brown retired show boy who is 8.

Hi Stephanie! I am Judy from Connecticut. We have just one dog, a black cocker named Frankie, who wil be 7 on Sept. 1. You, on the other hand, have a menagarie there!!! I am so happy to meet you...someone who volunteers, and rescues, and just plain love animals.

Hi Stephanie, I'm Deborah. We have just one very charismatic cocker, Nicholas Cockervich Nobarkoff, aged 14 or so. We live near downtown Seattle. Welcome!

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome! I am Becky from Ohio and I "only" have six Cockers of my own. We volunteer for Rescue and we have adopted a couple of our foster dogs.

Our crew:

Blondie, age 9

Brownie, age 7

Blackie, age 7

Betsy, age 6

Beezus, age 5

Brandon, age 4

We have a foster dog, Rags, who is 9.

Yes, we like "B" names. I have thought about naming a dog Bambi. Blondie's name used to be Fiona. We renamed her Blondie Fiona. We were told she was named Fiona for a reason and we soon found out why!

Last edited:
welcome :) I am Susan and live in NC with hubby and 3 furbabies,,,,Blk and Tan cocker, Sam. Sable and White cocker, Chase and GSD named GT,,,,

Hi Stephanie. I'm Robin, one of the moderators that approved your initial thread, in NW Oklahoma. I own 5 adult Cockers of which I show in conformation, rally, and obedience. Seven puppies out of my Champion girl who a few will be debuting in a show in September. Plus I started Oklahoma Cocker Rescue of which I currently have 3 mill girls at the moment.
Welcome.

-Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Welcome Stephanie and your menagerie :) My name is Kelly and I am owned by three American Cockers. Farley (soon to be 12), Grace (just turned 5) and Jack Jack (3). I am involved in showing, obedience, rally obedience and therapy work with my dogs. My other passions are writing and photography.

Hello Stephanie and furbabies. I am Randy from Ohio (originally Maine). I have a 3 y/o red cocker named Rusty and a 5 y/o liver/white springer named R.J. (Rufus James). Welcome to out not so little group.

Thanks, guys! It's neat to see so many Cockers doing sports like Rally and Obedience :). I tried Obedience with Sophie but it's not for us...Rally could be in our future, though, I'm not sure. For now we're having fun with nose work :).

Are you taking a nose work class? That's something I really want to try with my guys, especially Jack Jack. He loves to follow smells!

Are you taking a nose work class? That's something I really want to try with my guys, especially Jack Jack. He loves to follow smells!

There aren't any in my area, sadly :(. So I'm doing it on my own. Sophie loves it! I'm not interested in competing (at least not now) so it works for us :).

What resources are you using for nose work? I'm definitely interested in learning more.

What resources are you using for nose work? I'm definitely interested in learning more.

Someone on a LiveJournal group I frequent does it so I got into it after reading their posts :). I had used websites for ideas on how to get started training her but it's honestly so simple (the stuff I'm doing, anyway, I'm sure the competitions involve tougher challenges) that I haven't had problems doing the training myself. I'm definitely no professional dog trainer but I have a lot of experience from fostering so many dogs (most haven't had ANY training or even been in a house). I did agility without a class, too, since it was all for fun (plus I was mainly doing it with a foster dog and wouldn't be able to compete).

I would just do a search on Google to get some ideas :). I don't think there are any books out since it's a newer sport. I only started a few months ago. Are you interested in competing?

But u CAN compete with a foster dog. You only need to get a number thru AKC. The only competition you wouldn't be able to compete in is conformation.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back