Hi Ya'll!

Owned by
2 cockers
Remember me? I'm Sophie, (the avatar) aka: Soapy, SophiaMaria, SofaEata, BOFS (big ol fat SophieBear). I'll be 2 yrs old on Nov. 15, so I'm much older than this picture. It's just one of my Mom's favs. I live here in Georgia, where we've always lived, and I have one cocker fur-sister, Sarah, aka "Saywee", who also lives here. She's my older sister and the "boss" (even tho I'm bigger by about a third). She'll be 3 yrs old this Feb. There's only one resident male and he's "Mr. Pouncer", the kittycat.

We wuz members on CSOHaven until the "dark time" when my Mom, Lynn, kinda dropped her basket. It was touch-n-go from about March through July, but we came through it and we're getting "all bedders" now. Mom has a boyfriend who loves us all very much and him name is Walt. He treats us all so good, has helped my Mom so much, and we think she is very happy about that.

Walt has some land up in Maine. He and Mom just got back from a trip up there. Mom said she couldn't stop wondering how Linny, Cindy, Toolie, Jane, Rhonda, Princess, Val, Lorrie, the WHOLE Canadian Crew, SusanfromDownUnder, Florida mom of the NOW four musketteers, and all our friends from the Haven were while they were up in New England. She said she is MISSING THEM ALL SO MUCH and feels so bad cuz she couldn't deal there for awhile. She says finding out your entire adult life was a lie, a mirage....is a very bad thing, but still she regrets not finding a way to reach out to those who loved her and were worried. She prays you all will forgive her, as it took quite a lot of doing to process it herself, much less to be able to begin to explain it to others. BUT, now that she's finally better, she'll be happy to answer any questions. She says she owes her loving friends some answers and doesn't mind a bit. I think it's cuz she's starting to find some joy again in her life.

Since getting back from her trip a couple of days ago, she's had a bad cold--been in the bed a bunch and is kinda snotty and icky! But, we're gonna be reading some and trying to catch up with old friends and learning about NEW ONES!!! Thanks for allowing us to join you all here on My Cocker Spaniel Place!!

OMG! It's soooo good to see you again. I hope all is well with you now and you know you have been missed terribly! The little girls tooo :)

Omg!

I see Juanita Duell, Amanda from Miss! (Karma ought to shine it's sweet light very brightly on you, chicklet!) and some of the others on here I didn't mention by name! Is my Kansas buddy with the terriers & cockers from CSOH here too? I miss each and every one of ya'll so badly and each and every pooch too! Please overlook if you know me and I didn't mention you by name. It's been awhile! I have a head full of concrete and cold meds on board, so take that into consideration, too, please! Dang that re-circulating air on planes! I just know I caught this mess on the stoopid plane!

Welcome Sophie's mom. :wave: Thank you for introducing Sophie and her fur family. I'm glad you found us and look forwards to seeing pictures of your furry kids. I'm Manuel. I used to read the MSN cocker boards. I have 2 cockers, Gabby (15) and Hoshi (9mos). You can view their pictures by clicking on my name and viewing my profile. Let me know if you need any help using the forum.

FYI: New member's posts are screened in the beginning. This is to prevent spam bots from posting. Just keep posting great messages like you have and you can post without approval. In the meantime , please be patient while your posts are approved.

Last edited:
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE hAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

it was so flippin' nice to talk to you yesterday on the phone, I really was super dooper surprised and glad you registered.

Hope the snotty nose gets better soon.

Welcome Lynn and furry crew!
I'm Polly and I live in CA with hubby Mike and our 4 cockers!^_^

Just so happy to see you and the girls. We tried so hard to reach you because we love you. The boys and I are glad you made the effort to locate us. Thanks for calling Linny. Susan from Australia really worried about you a lot. She joined here but hasn't posted too much. I'm going to check and be sure she knows the prodigal daughter has come back to the family. Love, Maureen.

Welcome Lynn and her gorgeous furbabies! I am Randy, I am in Ohio and am owned by Butters (12.9 y/o ACS and R.J. (Rufus James 3.8 y/o ESS). Butters and I used to live in Maine. Where abouts does your b/f have land? I was born and raised in Northern Maine.
P.S. My brother who still lives there called yesterday to tell us they got 5 inches of snow!!!

Welcome, Lynn, Sophie, and Sarah! It's so good to see you here. You have been missed by many.

Yippee! So happy to see you here. Hope you continue to find happiness.

Gretchen sends you great big German Shepherd kisses.

Amanda

Welcome, my friend! So happy to see you and the girls here. Glad to know you have found someone special :) Hoping to catch up and see what Sophie and Sarah have been up to. Need to introduce you to Gimli's niece, Henna. Nothing like him, at all! Thinks she's a 'Bulldog' in disguise! lol

Walt has 10 acres between "Sweden" and "Lovell", (tiny, cute little towns) just North of Fryeburg (not too far from New Hampshire line). He has paid off the land and is planning to build a house on it soon. Anyone in this group live nearby??? We walked all over the land and discussed the best possible ways to situate a house on it. Really pretty up there, but "moose-y, moose-y, moose-y"! In fact, Walt said he was up on his land last winter, had on shoe shoes and got a fright! Said he couldn't beat a hasty retreat in those tennis rackets, but did slowly back away from the Moose he stumbled upon!

OMG! It is SO WONDERFUL TO BE AMONG "MY PEOPLE" AGAIN!!! I love each and everyone of you so much. Cocker people ARE the Best people on earth! (and dog people in general-so I'm proud to accept those GSD kisses, Amanda!) It's wonderful to be "encocktranated" into the group again and see all the BEAUTIFUL pups & their people!!!

YOU WERE IN MAINE? YOU WERE IN MAINE? RIGHT HERE IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS? Must of been why it has been so 'warm' lately. Aw shucks Lynn, I wish I had known. I would have driven anywhere to meet you.

So glad Walt has land in Maine. Isn't it pretty? Don't ya want to come this way?? he he.

NO EXPLANATIONS EVER. I think we all know all about 'dropping the basket'.

Hugs and love and so so glad you are here.

OH - by the way - Fryeburg is 1 1/2 hours from me. There is no fair better than the Fryeburg Fair!!!!!

Last edited:
I can't believe it's you!!:thumbsup:

So glad to hear that your Mom is back in a good place.

Don't be a stranger around these parts.:)

Welcome Lynn,

I am Nancy and I live in Pennsylvania with my husband, Joe, and our 4 cockers, Herbie, Murphy, Barney and Freddie.

Look forward to getting to know you through the forum.

You know I am a Southern girl, but my brother lives in New England.It is beautiful up there. I can't wait to go back and visit.
IMG_3943a-1.jpg

Back