Howdy From the Beautiful Badlands

smh

Owned by
2 cockers
Hello

I am new here so I just wanted to say hello. I look forward to visiting this forum.
We live on a cattle ranch on the state line of Montana and Western North Dakota. I have 2 cockers, an awesome young pup, Noodles(5 months) and a sweet old girl Star(12) that share our home and hearts.
I have had cockers since I was a little girl and to my heart there are no other breeds. Althoguh I have big ol soft spot for our border collie "Cutter"who is a great cow dog.
I enjoy taking my dogs to nursing homes, schools and hospice patients.
Well here is a snippet about us.
Have a great day! :)

Hello and welcome! Sounds like you live in a beautiful part of the country!! I would love to see pictures of Noodles and Star (and Cutter, too!)! :)

Hi and welcome! It would be nice to know your name, so that we don't have to call you "smh" all the time ;)

You're not too, too far from me - I'm in Northern Alberta, Canada. I imagine your winters are similar to mine.

I agree with the other . . . pictures are a must! If you need help getting stuff figured out, just post. There are lots of folks here that would be more than happy to give you a hand :)

Hi!
I'm Polly! Welcome to the best forum for cocker owners on the net. As Kelly says, please let us know your name! And, pictures are a must.
I bet your home is wonderfully beautiful!

I live in the forests above the Los Angeles basin in Santa Clarita with my hubby Michael and our four cockers. Pepper, Petunia, Pogo, and my retired show stopper, Stormy :)

Hello and welcome! I am Sharon and owned by four rescues...Mozart - 4 1/2, Monte - maybe 5 or 6, Charlie - age still up in the air, and Coco - age 13 1/2! Yes and Sunny my parakeet who is also not telling his age!

Welcome from sunny Florida. I am mom to two cockers, a 3 year old red American cocker (Pluto), a 3 month old English cocker (Woody) and a red and white kitty named Blizzard.

We moved to Florida from New Jersey 2 years ago and know what nasty winters are like. The boys love Florida and so do we! Hope to hear more from you about your babies, and pictures too.

Yes~~ you are right, Shelly maybe better than SMH sorry ;)
I am Shelly Haugen
Thank you for the nice welcomes! I will try to figure out how to upload some pictures of my furry kids...bear with me I am not the best at computor skills.
Our ranch is on the ND side of the stateline but my closest town is in MT 24 miles away.
Let me get some of this wonderful spring mud washed off myself and my puppers I will try to upload you some pcitures a little later this evening.
Shelly :)

Welcome Shelly and thanks for giving us a name to call you by other than "smh." That sounds like beautiful country where you live. I'd love to see pics of your cockers roaming the country. How did you find us?

I hope I did this right and you can get a look at my beautiful girls. Noodles(named by our daughter in law in the name Shelly's new baby contest) came from a wonderful breeder in Canada, she is turning out to be quite the ham. Noodles made her first debut to the nursing home last week and was such a good girl the residents fell in love with her. We LOVE our little charmer to bits!
The picture of Star is when she was younger, sadly she does not look like this anymore..she has allot of health problems and I am her personal attendant, she has been the best friend I could ever have hoped for and has brought much joy to folks that needed a little sunshine in their lives. She came from Minn. as sweet puppy to my heart 12 years ago, I hope you have enjoyed seeing my girls I look forward to looking at your babies too.

Noodles 028.jpg

Noodles 040.jpg

Star.jpg

Hi Manuel,
Well you may be appalled at my "mud" babies roaming in the messy march mud right now, I take them with me everywhere I go, except Star, she stays indoors almost all the time now, my poor baby is blind an deaf, it is safer for her to be inside. We have allot of horses and cattle. And yes it is beautiful here! ~Very Cold~ but beautiful.
I found this forum by just google searching. I am so glad to see other folks love this breed as much as I do! thank you for your hard work in providing this forum.

2aug01.jpg

Gabby's no stranger to mud. Don't be afraid to show your crew at play.

Last edited:
For some reason mine think they might melt in the rain or wet grass but show them a big muddy puddle...... BTW I grew up in ND but on the eastern side of the state.

Thanks for telling us your name Shelly :)

By the way, did you get your pup from Kim Hartz? The reason I ask is she sold a black pup named Noodles that would be the same age as yours. If so, then you and I are almost family :) She was the breeder of my oldest dog, Farley.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of Star, she's just beautiful! Even if she doesn't look the same now, I'm sure she just as gorgeous, if not more so. I have a real soft spot for the oldies.

yep..guilty as charged...Noodles come from Kim! I could not be more thrilled with little Noodles either! She is a Blast/Babe child. Glad to meet you "cuz" ;c)
And yes you are so right on the golden oldies, Star is my heart dog, I am doing everything humanly possible to make the winter of her life the best it can be with all her limitations.
Karen where in ND did you grow up? I haven't ventured to the eastern part of the state too often. Gosh it is small world! thnaks to internet

How cool to meet family on the forum :) Kim is a GREAT lady!

I had the pleasure of seeing Babe show in Indianapolis in 2004 . . . she's a beautiful girl. I'm sure Noodles will bring you many years of happiness :)

How cool to meet family on the forum :) Kim is a GREAT lady!

I had the pleasure of seeing Babe show in Indianapolis in 2004 . . . she's a beautiful girl. I'm sure Noodles will bring you many years of happiness :)
Yes Kim is thee best! Truly a sweet, lovely person and a breeder with the cockers best interest at hand. I hope and pray Noodles will live out a long healthy life with us. I have had 3 cockers in the past 30 years of married life and they all lived to be old and have been loved to pieces. I just love this breed! even though they require a bit more care, they are worth every second.

2aug01.jpg

Gabby's no stranger to mud. Don't be afraid to your crew at play.
Manuel..what in the world is Gabby looking for???..I read your post on the dilemma of Gabby's love for Cat poop "snacks" I am still giggling over it too, even though I am sad to say I understand that nasty predicament 1st hand..hopefully there wasn't a
putty-tat in the that area! LOL
cute picture..thank you for sharing

yep..guilty as charged...Noodles come from Kim! I could not be more thrilled with little Noodles either! She is a Blast/Babe child. Glad to meet you "cuz" ;c)
And yes you are so right on the golden oldies, Star is my heart dog, I am doing everything humanly possible to make the winter of her life the best it can be with all her limitations.
Karen where in ND did you grow up? I haven't ventured to the eastern part of the state too often. Gosh it is small world! thnaks to internet

I grew up in Grand Forks.

Back