I'm Back

DianeG

Owned by
1 cocker
Hi All -- I was here a very long time ago and on the old cocker boards (standdi). After a few years of taking care of Dad and then Mom and then being laid off and finally deciding to take early retirement next month, I am happy to be back.

Maggie is my girlie Cocker. She will be 16 on Nov. 14. She's doing well although she has had many health issues over the years.

I look forward to hearing from all of you about your Cockers.

:wave: Hi Diane...nice to see you again. Can't wait to hear how things have been for you and to see picutes of the gang. The conure is the one who came to visit and stayed right?

Hello Diane. I'm glad you found us again. I have one cocker spaniel named Hoshi who is 1.5 years. I'd love to hear more about Maggie. If you need any help with the forum just ask.

Click to enlarge

Yes, DJ - Georgie arrived one evening and after 6 months of searching for his family and getting no responses, we named him after my dad and he is still here. He's very loving and funny and Maggie just looks at him like "are you guys crazy" and the cat just wants to hide from him.

How is your gang?

The girls are pretty good, Maggie has been having some issues with her skin, Zoe with her ear...buy Hannah is good. As for the birds we are down from 5 to 3...Al and Dizzy have gone on to birdy heaven. So it is now Dharma, Fidget and Gus (a green checked conure)both who are about 20 years old.

Happy Birthday:bday:

Last edited:
Diane!!! So good to hear from you again. I'm Judy with Frankie the black cocker who is 6 now!! (These children grow up so fast!!! lol) I got married in August to my long-time guy, Paul, so when we do a family hug with Frankie (one of our favorite things with him) it is really true!!!

Stick around and keep us informed about Maggie. She is truly a senior citizen now. What is a conure?????

Glad to hear your girls are doing well and congrats on Fidget and Gus. Wow, 20 years old. Georgie is about 8. Our vet said we better get him into our will because he will certainly be here for many, many years.
Thank you for the HB!

Judy!!! I remember the day you picked up Frankie and I can't believe he's 6 already. Congratulations and all the best on your marriage.

Georgie is actually a blue-crown conure - a parrot. When I can figure out how to do the photos on here I'll post his.

Maggie has lost most of her hearing, suffers from arthritis in hind leg, still has an occasional mild seizure, and was diagnosed with a heart arrhythmia a few months ago so she's on meds, but doing really well. She still chases our cat, plays ball and does go up and down the stairs with some butt support from us. Some days she sleeps most of the day but most days she's getting into trouble. She's had one ear infection in her whole life and no skin issues -- I attribute her longevity to puppy stew & CA Nature for the last 10+ years.
It's so good to "see" you again.

Happy Birthday!

EDIT: I fixed your signature. Let me know if you need to change it.

Last edited:
Diane!!!!
It's so good to see you back with us! I know it's been a long time! I'm glad everything is well with you. I'm retiring this year also. In fact, I'm retiring the end of this month. I will continue to work about 20 hours a week. We are doing very well. Michael and I now are the happy parents of 4 dogs.. we lost 3 during the first months of 2008. We now have Pepper, our black & tan who is about 11 (ish), Petunia, our roan who is way over 14.. Pogo our buff who is 6 and Stormy! Our beautiful brown boy, a wonderful addition, from Robin of our group here, who is 7 years young and runs our household with an iron paw ^_^

Thanks Manuel for the Happy Birthday and fixing my signature. I think I can make it smaller!
Best gift was the Giants win last night!

Diane!!!!
It's so good to see you back with us! I know it's been a long time! I'm glad everything is well with you. I'm retiring this year also. In fact, I'm retiring the end of this month. I will continue to work about 20 hours a week. We are doing very well. Michael and I now are the happy parents of 4 dogs.. we lost 3 during the first months of 2008. We now have Pepper, our black & tan who is about 11 (ish), Petunia, our roan who is way over 14.. Pogo our buff who is 6 and Stormy! Our beautiful brown boy, a wonderful addition, from Robin of our group here, who is 7 years young and runs our household with an iron paw ^_^

Polly!! You have a wonderful group and they are all so beautiful. Glad to hear all is good with you, Michael and the gang.
It's good to be back. I look forward to hearing all about your gang.
Love,

Hi Diane, nice to meet you, I am Dianne G also, just have two "n"s. I am fairly new and I have two Cockers, Chicka and Chase. A Happy belated Birthday it seems:)

Hi Diane! I am Randy in Ohio (originally from Maine). I am owned by 3 spaniels. Butters, 14 y/o tan/white cocker; R.J., 4.9 y/o liver/white springer; and Rusty, 2.6 y/o red cocker.

And then there's me..Kathleen, married 5 yrs, two children (son 15 daughter 12) 1 step son (18). We have a 2 yr old cocker/poodle cross (Coco) and, a 4 yr old Border Collie/Staph Terrior x (Lux).

Glad to see you found way back too your old friends on here.

Back