memorial In Memory of my beautiful boy Dillon

cockermom

Owned by
2 cockers
On January 12, 2010 Ch Tru-Luv's Front Page News (Dillon) left us unexpectedly, we don't know why. He was one month short of 4 yrs. He was a delight to have in our home. He had the sweetest disposition of any dog I have ever known. We always thought his little brother Chase was the dominant dog but have since come to realize Dillon was the leader and the strength, he was just so quiet and patient we didn't realize what a leader he was. We never had time to prepare for losing him, he showed no signs of illness up to the day he left. We got up to him vomitting and then diarrhea, even then he wanted breakfast and to play ball. They suspect he had a toxic fast moving strain of Clostridium and went into shock. The hole in our hearts and lives is huge, he is missed every minute of the day.
RIP our beautiful boy, we would give anything to have you back, it is not right that you are gone like this so quick. You were so vibrant and healthy, Chase is not the same without you and we have struggled to get him over his bout of this, I think we are winning but he is grieving so much.

Love you Dilly Dog

Dillon007_edited-1-2.jpg

What a gorgeous cocker he was! :) Thank you for sharing his past. Don't be afraid to add more pictures. I'd like to see and hear more about Dillon.

Dillion was indeed a beautiful cocker inside and out. I am so sorry for your loss and for one so young. RIP Dillion, run free at the bridge.

He was just beautiful. His time was so short. He's now with all our bridge kids playing with butterflies and watching for us..
Rest well sweet Dillion.

I am so sorry for your lost. Dillon was so beautiful. It must be hard losing your baby like this. I hope your grieving and Chase will get easier day by day.

It does seem harder when we both lose them at a young age and so unexpectantly. Each passing day brings just a little more peace tho knowing we will one day get to see them again waiting for us and greeting us at the Bridge.

Thank you all for your kind words. I have lost furkids over the years and it is always devastating but this one is the worst. Not becuase I loved him more but because it was so unnecessary and I feel it didn't need to happen. I don't know if I will ever find peace with it, I just can't believe he is gone. Dillon was Mr Perfect, he never did anything wrong and would always look sorrowful and guilty when his silly little brother got into trouble. The day he died I had to give him a hug and tell him it was okay, he felt bad because he had made a mess in the house. I had no idea when I walked out the door to work it would be the last time I got a hug, he just did not act that sick. RIP sweetie we will play again. My signature picture is Dillon 3 weeks before he died, laying in his favorite pose.

Oh my gosh, Dianne....I am so sorry to hear about Dillon. We lost our 14 year old cocker very suddenly on 9/11/09 but he had lived a long and very happy life. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose one so young. We just never have enough time with them, no matter how old they are. Sounds like Chase needs a new brother or sister.....

Back