Introducing Mare and Her Cocker Owner, Silly Billy!

Owned by
1 cocker
Greetings All!

I'm Mary Ellen and I am most happily owned by Silly Billy, the most remarkably loveable American (actually Canadian) Cocker Spaniel in the history of Cocker Spaniels.

I work with Linda in Cockers in need and still have so much to learn.

Billy was bred by Kelly Ladoceur who entrusted him to me almost three years ago..... I can't believe how time has flown by, but here we are so long after and every day feels like the first day..... And every day we say a little prayer of thanks for Kelly's kindness and generosity..... And for Aunt Linny's matchmaking.

Billy is a beautiful black and tan little boy who is smart and sassy and who, despite having his life start up near the North Pole, absolutely hates to get his feet wet..... He completed one leg of Rally Obedience (with a friend who'd just met him about 30 seconds before handling him) and earned his CGC pretty quickly for having a Mommy who is Obedience-Challenged..... We've pretty much given up on doing anything more in obedience and are just happy that one of us is well-adjusted and reasonably well-behaved..... Billy has been working as a therapy dog at a local nursing home (assigned to the Altzheimer's floor), albeit without certification, but he is beloved of his people and makes it a point to give out as many kisses as they will take..... And Oh, Lord, do they take Puppy Kisses!

I'm so happy that Linda told me about this group and I look forward to getting to know everyone, humans included!

Welcome Mary Ellen and Billy! I'm dying to see pictures of Billy so show us when you get a chance. I recommend starting an album for Billy. I'm Manuel. You can see pictures of my two by clicking on my name.

Hi Mare! Welcome Home!!!!
Now we are complete! I will love seeing pictures of Billy Boy also!
My versions of your angels are in my portrait album here on MCS.

^_^

Hi Honey,

hey guys, here's a sneak peak at Billy & Mare, we were having a pizza party that day

Last edited:
Hey,Mare! Good to have you here. First it was Jan, now you. I am really feeling at home now.

I believe you were the one who went to South Philly 4 years ago at Linny's request to pick up a black cocker spaniel with mange. Linny wanted him for me, and that is just what happened. He is Frankie, in perfect health, will be 5 on Sept. 1, and I am forever grateful to both you and Linny (except when he tears up papers and magazines and stuff.)

Yoooooooooooooooo Mare!!!!!! Glad to see you joined the group!

Oh what a beautiful boy. He looks just like my Patches. He was an early Christmas gift from Mike the first Christmas we were together.

Welcome to the group.

Billy's gorgeous. I didn't know Kelly had black and tans.

Thanks for the warm welcome from some old friends.

Judy, I so remember the day I met Frankie..... He's named for Sinatra, rght?..... He was such a sweet littel guy that day, especially when you consider that he went through a lot of different "Strangers'" hands and was feeling generally pretty crappy..... But he was sweet and happy and fun to ride with in the car..... I was merely his chauffeur, just giving him a ride -- It was Linny who knew where he belonged!

Polly, I have your portraits of my dear Maevey and Patrick and, amazingly and purely coincidentally, when I had my Sitting Room painted the color is exactly the background that you used on the portraits!..... Not sure if that's irony or foreshadowing, but I love it..... And visitors think I am far too posh for having painted portraits hung..... Bahahahaha!

Yooooooo, Mike!..... Been missing you, Dude..... How's all the kids?..... Saw that Peaches is back home..... I'm glad and sad..... Sad that it didn't work out but glad that she's back with someone who loves her heaps.

Manuel, I'd love to add pictures but I'm technology-chalenged and will need some "uplocading for dummies" coaching..... I do ahve some cute pix of Billy that I'd love to share..... Some are even current (wink and nod to Linny).

Attachments

• BILLY AND ME.jpg
    BILLY AND ME.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 31
Aww Mare
I can remember you counting the weeks then days till Billy came home. That was before I had the pleasure of getting to know wonderful Kelly. I also remember your love for Patrick and Maeve the lovely angels.

Billy is the only puppy that I ever bred . . . . his mom was a solid sable and his dad was black and tan. He truly DOES have the best temperament of any Cocker I've ever met. And I've met quite a few.

I thank my lucky stars EVERY day for Mare . . . she's the best home Billy could ever have found. She's an awesome mom and a great friend :)

Welcome Mary Ellen & Billy! It's good seeing pictures of Billy again.

Back