Levi seems a little down

I am with you Dianne!! No more Rabies for Levi either. I am sorry about Chase having seizures....they are very scary and you feel so helpless when they are having one.

Levi did ok with his regular puppy shots (the four weeks between each set) but all these strange little things started about 10 days after the Rabies shot.

Last edited:
Glad Levi is better. Sorry about Chase and the seizures. I am very Leary of vaccines. Amelia did ok with the puppy shots and the rabies. The more I read the more scared I get. Dr Dodds is right on about the vaccines. Some vets are starting to follow her but yes very slowly. I wanted to wait until Amelia was 24 weeks until giving her a rabies shot. The vet I was going to before was not board with dr Dodds. I had taken her to check her urine when she was 18 weeks and I said No Rabies. When they took her back to check her urine the gave the rabies shot. The vet later was asking me about the shot and I was asking questions about what type then she said "oh we went ahead and gave it". The tech thought you wanted it. I was so mad. Needless to say, I am not going there anymore.

Wow Nicole...I would have changed vets also. I am not a fan of a vet that thinks they know everything and that you should just stand back and let them do their own thing...I think "no-one" knows your dog better than you do and your vet should have the courtesy to listens to you. I also like you...keep notes about any change in behavior no matter how small they are. I feel the more details we can give the vet the more help they can give...if you have a good one that will listen to you. If I took Levi to some vets right now they would think it was some kind of joke if I told hem he was just not right,while he was bouncing and trying to hop off the table. But I have a wonderful vet that listens as she knows if I have concerns there is truly something going on. She will pick and pick till she comes up with something that could be causing a change with them and more than willing to really listen to what I have to say.
I would have never thought of a bag of food (same brand) coming from a different out of state supplier could cause a problem...but as soon as I opened the new bag Levi has been eating hearty just like normal and energy level is right back up where it was. I am amazed that such a small thing could make a difference in him. As for the soft stools and tearing I know those will take a week or two so we will see if they also go back to normal. I did order him some of the NuVet tabs this morning and hoping they will help build up his immune after all these shots...my Son loves them so I am going to give them a try and see if they help.
Did Amelia have any side effects after Rabies shot...even weeks later? I read that side effects can happen weeks and even months after the Rabies shot.

Last edited:
Kathy, sounds like you have a good vet. Amelia did not have any side effects from the vaccine. I did not really notice anything. I am familiar with nuvet., my cousin was giving those to her cavalier when he was a pup. I did look those up, the only thing is the chicken, staying away from it because of the stool issues with Amelia. It is strange how one bag of food could be different, but I can see that. My mom was feeding some feral cats a couple years ago. She was buying one brand of food. She bought a another bag of the same food but the cats picked at it and did not eat it like the other bag. She took it back and called the company but they did not really listen. I can see that now, dry foods can vary.

Back