Mickey says Hello!

She's between 5-6 the shelter said but I think more around 4. An experienced Mom for sure :(

that is so awful...correct me if i'm wrong but i think you said she came from a mill...i saw an episode of oprah or something about them a few years ago. just awful...then i think i read somewhere else that most pet stores get their pups from mills and it's so sad because you go in those places and you just want to rescue them, but you know if you get one it just feeds the fire :/

True, a vicious circle for sure.
Her mill got shut down thank goodness. Two others I got from there had dog lice, gross. It took me two weeks before I didn't have to corner her to catch her and now she's like a shadow. Hungry for attention.

Last edited:
that's great that it got shut down!
Mickeys conditions weren't nearly as bad as a puppy mill, but because he got into everything they would always just get upset with him and never pay him any attention. So when we got him he was very happy to receive attention, but not very cuddly in the least. Me and Isaac began having "family cuddle time" twice a day in which we would make him lay in between us and get loved on. After a few days he started sitting in my lap when I would sit down, and has started laying on my feet, which is very beneficial for me since it's so cold lately and even taking naps on top of me. I don't mind at all, I think it's much sweeter that way and I'm glad he knows he's loved. :)

...i've thought about doing dog shows before one day so its upsetting that i wouldn't be able to do them with him.
You could still do agility with him. You just couldn't do confirmation. That's where everything counts.

Back