Murphy from Shropshire

Murphy

Morning all,
We have recently added this little bundle to our family :)- Blue roan Show Cocker by the name of Murphy. We picked him up at 8 weeks and 4 days old, he has been with us for 4 days and already knows his name. He has settled in really well, doing what puppies do, playing, teething, sleeping, repeat !.
Does anyone have any help / advice on getting through the night ?. Thought our sleepless nights were done 17yr's ago :rolleyes::)

His colour has changed already - when we first picked him up-
murph-0.jpg

Today -

murph-1.jpgMurphy and jackie.jpg

We lost our 12 yr old Cocker 'Louis' very recently from Spleen tumours, went down hill very fast although we knew he had a heart murmur for the last 3 yrs, it still came as a massive and upsetting shock. :cry:

louis portland bill.jpg

Best wishes

Steve

Welcome Steve, to you and Murphy, and I'm sorry for your loss of Louis, he was a beauty.

Welcome Steve and Murphy. I’m sure it will take Murphy a while to adjust to his new home. Not sure if you’re crating him but it might help. Try to keep a consistent sleep schedule and environment. Wind things down before bed time so he’s calm and ready for sleep.

Hello I am also from Shropshire I am collecting my little show baby in 3 weeks Spaniels are very new to me I lost my last dog too from Spleen tumors she was only 5 yrs old ..So excited and also a little bit of trepidation of the unknown lol ..She will be called Tilly and she is a Golden Sable ..

Hello I am also from Shropshire I am collecting my little show baby in 3 weeks Spaniels are very new to me I lost my last dog too from Spleen tumors she was only 5 yrs old ..So excited and also a little bit of trepidation of the unknown lol ..She will be called Tilly and she is a Golden Sable ..
Sue can't wait to see little Tilly!!!

Back