My Pepper's Coat

Thanks Karen! I'm relived!

DJ..
How is little Zoe?

Holding our breath but she seems to be better, no new outbreaks. Keep your fingers crossed. I think that I will keep her short for a little while longer, it makes it so much easier to moniter. I am going to try to use regular shampoo this time (probly Wed), the stuff the vet gave us does not really do a good job of getting her white really white. she is such a little grub sometimes that she takes on a grey hue. LOL, why go around a puddle when you can go through it?

Holding our breath but she seems to be better, no new outbreaks. Keep your fingers crossed. I think that I will keep her short for a little while longer, it makes it so much easier to moniter. I am going to try to use regular shampoo this time (probly Wed), the stuff the vet gave us does not really do a good job of getting her white really white. she is such a little grub sometimes that she takes on a grey hue. LOL, why go around a puddle when you can go through it?

I'm glad Zoe is getting better also. I know what you mean about the gray. It can get very dirty around here and, since I walk them so much, Dylan and Riley can get to be black and gray instead of black and white.

DJ,
Be really careful on using your regular shampoo. Whitening shampoos really can strip coatsand skin especially of oils needed and could bring back your skin conditions with a vengence. The reason you're probably not having any outbreaks right now is due to using what the vet gave you. I would use the vet's shampoo after the regular shampoo if used to help curb this.
Gina, Linny, Kelly what are your thoughts?

I think it depends on the whitening shampoo, too. I know some people use Coat Handler shampoo and conditioner, and swear that it keeps their partis white . . . it is VERY gentle, and it's supposed to be good for the skin, so it might be worth a try for a dog with sensitive skin. A friend once told me that Kelco Plum White is a really good whitening shampoo without the harsh agents that some whitening products have - that might be another option.

Back