rescue New here,just adopted my first cocker spaniel!

How is Buttons doing Now Pati?

Linny has a great saying.. a good puppy is a tired puppy!

Will she play fetch? That's a good one.. keep her running and she will lay down for a nappie!^_^

Funny you should ask,I was just sitting here reading my email & thought Butttons was happily chewing away on her new Kong. Instead she was chewing up her plastic microchip tag! I've no idea how she managed this......

I do play fetch with her everyday,especially if big dog is gone or outside. She does know how to fetch,but if big dog is inside it becomes more of a game of which one can snatch the toy first & run away with it. (big dog has never understood how to fetch).

She goes into her crate @ night now on her own. I try to get her worn out at least 3 times everyday playing & walking. Her fur is growing & there will be more liver spots on her back.

Rainy season is here now & she's getting a raincoat with a hood. The cat is still staying away. Big dog is definitely slimming down which was one reason to get a companion dog.

I bought a fine tooth comb since any hair growing seems to mat already. Surprised me how soft the fur is!

Buttons will rush to my lap,put her paws on either side of my face (try to lick me to death), and just stare into my face! She does the same thing with my housemate. Weird or not?? Actually not much of a lap dog,she goes in her crate or takes over big dog's bed for the most part. I suspect she's spent alot of her former life in a crate.

We've had her 3 weeks today!

Funny you should ask,I was just sitting here reading my email & thought Butttons was happily chewing away on her new Kong. Instead she was chewing up her plastic microchip tag! I've no idea how she managed this......

Aaaah yes, they can be quite the little Houdinis if they put their minds to it. My first clue that the dogs are getting into trouble is silence. If they're not making noise, I always wonder why . . . . and usually go investigate.

Three weeks already! That's great :) It sounds like things are continuing to go well, so that's wonderful!

As I recall we just had a discussion about whether to leave the plastic tag on or not? This is one good reason to leave it off!

Buttons makes me laugh everyday! I just put her new raincoat w/hood on her,well she's apparently not to happy with the hood......thought this would be a smart thing to keep the rain from her ears,HA.

I'm learning.....

Newmommie said:
Anything that falls to the ground is fair game. I dropped my micro SD card and Gabby crunched it into useless garbage within seconds. :'(

I do play fetch with her everyday,especially if big dog is gone or outside. She does know how to fetch,but if big dog is inside it becomes more of a game of which one can snatch the toy first & run away with it. (big dog has never understood how to fetch).

Maggie is a toy hog, the girls know that they can not take a toy away that is being played with however toys left unattended are fair game. They will hover close by waiting for the toy to be abandonded so they can "use" it and have even gotten clever about luring each other away from a coveted to and they running back and snatching it.

As for fetching if Zoe' can't find her ball (the only thing she will fetch) she will run after Maggie and grab her ear as if to fetch that back to us.

Rainy season is here now & she's getting a raincoat with a hood. The cat is still staying away.

LOL I think it is always rainy season here. I need to get rain coats for the girls that are very light weight to take with us when we go on the boat and walks are a must. Three wet dogs in a small space? mmmmm not so much.

Buttons will rush to my lap,put her paws on either side of my face (try to lick me to death), and just stare into my face! She does the same thing with my housemate. Weird or not??

Not weird Hannah does this, she is not much of a licker but it is like she is trying to send a messege to me.

We've had her 3 weeks today!

Congrates, the time flys by so fast.

Back