New here & new mom

Hawkeye

Owned by
1 cocker
My name is Mercedes, my fiance and I just rescued our first cocker spaniel (actually first dog together) from the shelter in our town. I've owned dogs all my life, quite a few mutts, and later on huskies, but Hawkeye is my first cocker spaniel. So far we've found out quite a few things about him, he sneezes frequently, and his farts are raunchy. ^_^ All in all though, he is such a sweetheart, and he loves to snuggle. I'm glad to be here to hear everyone's stories!

Hello Mercedes & Hawkeye!
Welcome to our forum. I'm Polly and I live with my hubby and our 4 cockers in the Angeles National Forest in California.
We can't wait to hear more about Hawkeye.

By the way new members are moderated, one of us will approve your posts as fast as we can ^_^

Welcome!!!

Welcome Mercedes and Hawkeye! My oldest has stomach problems as well. He's on a prescription diet. His food cost about $100 for 37lb bag. He hates the stuff. Our new puppy loves it! Gabby wants to eat the puppy's food. It's funny...I'll set their food down and watch both of them switch bowls.

Hi,

welcome!

My husband thinks farts jokes are funny ;)

Anyhow, whatcha feeding this guy -- perhaps it's the food that's causing such a stink.

Welcome Mercedes and Hawkeye! I agree with Linda (Fostermom) - the food you're feeding can definitely contribute to gas. Some foods just seem to be too rich for Cockers. Hopefully a food change will make him less of a party-pooper (okay,, bad pun).

Hi,

welcome!

Anyhow, whatcha feeding this guy -- perhaps it's the food that's causing such a stink.

Yep Maggie is never, never, ever allowed to have lamb again....even little snacks are banned....bring out the gas mask she makes your eyes water. And when she farts she runs off and looks at you like you did it.

Yep Maggie is never, never, ever allowed to have lamb again....even little snacks are banned....bring out the gas mask she makes your eyes water. And when she farts she runs off and looks at you like you did it.

Hahaha DJ!:lol:

Hi,

welcome!

My husband taught Kaylee to give him a high 5 when she farts. (was cute when she was 2)

Gabby could never figure out he's the one farting. He just turns looking back at his rump wondering what on earth just happened. :huh:

When Butters does it, it is always silent and deadly. It takes awhile before you realize he has done it and he just lays there like nothing happened.

Aw thank you guys so much, everyone here is so welcoming. I'm sorry for taking so long to reply back, our internet was out for a bit (we're trying to move) and I've been busy with school. He seems to have calmed down on the sneezing, I think it may have been dust, I gave the place a hardcore cleaning and it seems to have helped (it's definitely helped my allergies!) As for the farting I think it could have been a nervous thing, we're not sure yet, that's what we're hoping for though! My fiance thinks fart jokes are funny too ;) If he keeps having problems we're definitely going to get him different food, maybe some for a sensitive stomach. He seems to be getting comfortable in his new environment and is starting to chew on his toys and his bones more. Here's a couple pictures of the little guy :)

4291_558120480639_71809890_32816833.jpg

4512_558102356959_71809890_32816201.jpg

I love the way he sprawls out!

Thanks for sharing. That squashed froggie pose is a favorite at our house too.

Welcome! He has a beautiful, sweet face! I'm happy that you saved him from the shelter he was in!

Welcome! He's a cutie. If you decide to switch his food, do it slowly especially if he has a sensitive stomach. A quick change of food, especially to one of the higher grade foods like Merricks, can wreck havoc on his tummy.

Awwww, Hawkeye is really handsome! A lot of Cocker owners are very familiar with the frog sprawl :) It seems to be a breed thing.

Welcome from another newbie. I just love the name Hawkeye! He is a cutie for sure.

Speaking of stinky ;) - I think the food we are trying to switch Ellie to isn't going to work - and it's Merricks. I only give her 1 part to 3 parts of her regular food. Oh well.....

Back