New rescue owner from Arizona

Jenesis76

Owned by
1 cocker
Hi! Hubby and I brought home a cocker spaniel yesterday, our first. He was abandoned by his owner, who had three cockers, and rescued by a neighbor. The neighbor ran out of dog food and couldn't afford to buy more or to get the dog, which the family loved very much, groomed or vaccinated. They were heartbroken to give him up, but we are thrilled to have him. He's 2-3 years old according to the vet (checkup same day we adopted), in very good health, a little matted (scheduled for grooming tomorrow), a parti (is that what you call it?) - white with golden blonde spots, and adorable brown freckles on his nose. He's sweet, affectionate, smart, playful, laid back, and altogether a perfect dog with no problems so far. Hubby says Ritz is the best Christmas present ever (he's wanted a house dog for a long time). Ritz is lying between us on the couch right now, so contented and happy. And so are we!Ritz Day One croopped.jpg

Welcome, family of Ritz. Thanks for taking him in. Please be patient, as since your new, your posts will be moderated for a while.
I'm Robin, one of the moderators, from NW Oklahoma. I have show cockers as well as run Oklahoma Cocker Rescue.

Welcome Ritz and Family! I'm Polly and live with hubby Michael and our 3 cockers in the forests above Los Angeles in CA.

I am Becky in Ohio and I have seven rescued Cockers. Our most recent family member is a Red/White Parti. She looks like your pup. I am so glad you rescued a Cocker for Christmas. What a heartwarming story. Please keep us updated on your new family member. Happy Holidays!

Happy Xmas, sounds like a good holiday for Ritz! I'm Deborah, in Seattle; we also have a rescue parti, Cordelia. Welcome!

Hi Ritz! My name is Kathy from Tn. We have a Christmas Cocker also,his name is Levi!
Merry Christmas to your family!

Merry Christmas and welcome to the forum. I live in Alberta, Canada and am mom to one very loving Parti cocker named Huckleberry.

Welcome. My first cocker (29 yrs ago) was a red and white, she looked like yours.

Back