New to the forum

Marclay

Owned by
1 cocker
HI Everyone!

I am new to the forum but looking forward to learning all I can about the Cocker Spaniel. I had one as a child that came from Santa and a letter to tell me exactly how to care for a doggie and if I didn't do a good job that Santa would come and take her away. She was a black and white Parti-color named Shinner! My more recent Cocker was Dagmar, a cocker mix. She passed away last year just before her 16th birthday. Now my husband and I are looking to add another dog and I would prefer a Cocker!!! We also have two Boston Terriers; Apollo and Jersey!

Looking forward to meeting everyone! And learning all I can!

Heather

:wave:Welcome to the board Heather, DJ here from the currently chilly State of Washington. My hubbie and I share our home with three lovely cockers, Hannah (B&W), Maggie (B&T) and our little B&W Parti girl Zoe'.

Thank you Jen and DJ!! I forgot to mention in my post that I also breed and show Persian Himalayans. Jen you might have seen some pix from the show on my FB this weekend. We had a show this past weekend...my boy Giles had a good first show out! He had not been to a show in a year...he came to me with almost 1/2 his grand points so we are working to finish him! Polly was a doll and helped me to stay away while we were driving home from the show last night! It has been awhile for me too for an away show...LOL Thank you Polly :)

HI Robin!!!! Good thoughts for you and Asha...I know will be a LONG day! Hi Karen! Thank you all for the very warm welcome!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome, Heather!

Karen -- I have a Ki at home!!!! He is a Cornish Rex and not a puppy...and he is CRAZY!!! Not a common name so had to point out the comonality!

Hi Heather! I'm Deborah, Seattle; my little cocker is Cordelia. Can't wait to see picture of Dagmar ( great name, BTW)

Hey there Aunty J!!! I see our precious Wed Wed as your siggy!!!

Hi Heather! I'm Deborah, Seattle; my little cocker is Cordelia. Can't wait to see picture of Dagmar ( great name, BTW)

This is my "Digger Dog" Dagmar....She is 14 in this picture if you can believe it. Was just starting to loose her coat and a substantial amount of weight as well. The jersey was to help keep her warm.

Dags.jpg

Dagmar was lovely! So sorry for her passing, I just lost my 15 y.o. last November, but have lovely Cordelia to keep me anchored.

Hi Heather I will look forward to pics of your new baby when you get it. I have just taken on 8 week old cocker pup Lexi 11 years since we had a puppy in the house, so it's a bit hectic at the minute lol

Hey D, I didn't know you were here too! Thank you all for the big welcome! Will be awhile for our future puppy but looking forward to it. Fun thing is, I was telling my mom last night how I would love to do agility if we can and she said I had a mentor for that -- meaning her! Was cool to see her excited as well! My mom bred/showed Dobermans when I was a child, taught obedience classes to support her hobby, and was into agility as well but not with the dobs but rather a setter we had - Cedar.

I have had 2 dobermans in my life and loved them dearly...now I'm a little older and wanted something smaller and I always remembered the cocker spaniel I had as a child. So now we have Lexi, the first small dog I have had for a very long time and its great.

Hey D, I didn't know you were here too! Thank you all for the big welcome! Will be awhile for our future puppy but looking forward to it. Fun thing is, I was telling my mom last night how I would love to do agility if we can and she said I had a mentor for that -- meaning her! Was cool to see her excited as well! My mom bred/showed Dobermans when I was a child, taught obedience classes to support her hobby, and was into agility as well but not with the dobs but rather a setter we had - Cedar.
LOL it was thru Dianne that I got to know all of you Heather. This will be a match made in heaven. It's wonderful that your Mom will mentor you and your new little one!

Hi All. I have a cocker spaniel (English). I have a couple of questions 1. I have a Golden or Red Cocker Spaniel and since having him I happened to read a few articles which seem to suggest that the cocker rage is more common with the golden cocker spaniels, is that true? Should i be worried. He has been with us for 3 months now and is 4 months old and is a very sweet dog. No complains at all, which brings me to my second question 2. He loves to tear apart any paper that he can lay his hands on. Need desperately to stop this. All my mail ends up torn by him if I happen to be away from the house.

Thanks to all,

Abraham

Back