Newbie from Missouri

nakato

Owned by
1 cocker
Hello all!

I own (or is it am owned?) an 11yr old American Cocker Spaniel, named Brittany. First cocker I've owned and I'm absolutely in love with the breed now. Anyway I'm glad to be here.

:)

Welome Donna. Brittany is beautiful. Where did you get her from? I have a 2 year old cocker named Hoshi.

She came from a BYB. :( I would like to be able to say that I rescued her, but I was totally clueless at the time. She was born on 06/09/99 and I got her in early August 99.

I didn't learn about byb's or puppy mills until later. She is AKC "registered", not that that it means that much anymore and she was not cerf certified. She lost her eyesight in the right eye at age 3 (SARDS) and the left (Glaucoma & cataract) by age 6. She had tons of medical problems and a few social; when she was younger. Her health problems finally settled down around age 8, except I think she's borderline cushing's.

I thought there might have been a problem with her hearing, but I now know she has very selective hearing. Ignores everything unless it is something that is important or interests her. Crinkle a cookie bag and she's at my side like a shot. Ask her if she wants to go potty when she's in the middle of her afternoon nap and nothing. :p

She's just mellowed out old girl.

Welcome Donna and Brittany. Sounds like she's sure had her share of problems but you're on top of it. I have one born the same year as her here at my house.
Enjoy the site. It can be exciting at times such as yesterday when my CH girl had a litter of pups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's unfortunate she's had so many problems. I'm glad she's doing well now. Hoshi has selective hearing to but you can bribe him with a ham treat. :)

Welcome Donna and Brittany! Brittany is a lovely girly! I have a blind cocker also, more than likely a brood bitch for some BYB. I rescued her from the pound in 2003.. Her name is Petunia and we call her Tunie. She is one of my 4 cockers. Hubby and I live in SO CA, the Angeles National Forest above Los Angeles.

I'm Karen and my Riley is blind also. He went blind this fall. Brittany is a lovely girl and I look forward to reading about the two of you.

Welcome Donna and Brittany. She's a beautiful girl!

My Cockers are show, obedience and therapy dogs. My oldest dog Farley is 11 and retired from competition. My female Grace is 4 and we compete in obedience, rally obedience and we also do therapy visits. My baby is Jack Jack and he'll be 3 in March. He's currently being shown in conformation, and we're working on obedience and rally stuff.

I've never owned a blind dog, but I rescued one once. She now lives with a friend of mine. She's had both eyes removed, but you'd never know it. She's amazing!

Enjoy our forum, it's a pretty great place!

Hi, Welcome to the forum. I'm Cathy and I have a 4y/o name Pumpkin. She is also my first pup and I am so happy that she is a Cocker. She also has medical issues since she was a puppy I got her from the mall. Witch now I know that was not a good idea of buying her there. But I am still happy that she got to come home with me.

Hi and welcome, I am Dianne and I have two cockers, or I should say I am allowed to care for them and live in thier house ^_^ Well actually it is the two cats house and they allow all of us to hang out. I am she has had so many issues, thank you for not giving up on her.

Back