Our Stormy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
I talked to Dr Baylor this morning. He wanted to see Stormy, so off we went.

I'm devastated. The news isn't good.

Dr was pleased that the lump on his throat has come down considerably. But when he started to manipulate it, and his throat, Stormy started to cough. Dr asked if that was usual. I said yes.
So, Dr got his equipment and inspected the inside of Stormy's mouth and throat again.

The area on the back of his throat is larger, Dr noticed that right away. He said it's cancer, and that it more than likely spread from his soft pallet to that area on the side of his throat. The area on the side of his throat is operable, but, the back of his throat and soft pallet isn't.

I asked him if he wanted to send in the sample of the soft pallet that he took when he drained Stormy's neck, he said that he didn't see the need.

He wants to wait for the Iodine test which he called something else, and I forgot what it was. The hang up was that the lab sent that test out to be done.

Dr. Baylor will consult with an Oncologist on our behalf and discuss the Cancer Shot, if it's viable for Stormy, we will start that protocol.

But, mostly we will love him, treasure the time we have with him, and when life is too hard for him, we will send him to the bridge.

Dr agreed and said that's what he would do if Stormy was his.

Michael and I love him so. We are so heartbroken.

Oh sweet sweet Polly...I am so sorry and so sad to hear this terrible news about Stormy. Treasure each moment with your special heart dog...you and Robin have given him such a wonderful and truly loved blessed life. I pray that there will be a treatment that can help Stormy. Prayers for you and your family. (((Polly)))

I am so very very sorry for the news you got.

Now is the time all the rules go out the window and you spoil him beyond belief.
That helped me during the last weeks with Missy. :luv:

Dear Polly, I am so sorry for the news you received today. Yes, treasure each moment with Stormy and spoil him. I pray that there is treatment for this dear sweet boy. Hugs to you. Prayers for you and your family.

I am so sorry to hear this sad news, Polly. My heart is breaking for you. I was so hoping surgery would take care of the problem.

My son's Pug received the same diagnosis in February. She loved Chick-Fil-A so they took her there often since she didn't want to eat. I would say give Stormy whatever he wants to eat and spoil him every day! (I know you already do that).

This is such devastating news. I don't understand why so many dogs are getting this kind of cancer. I had never heard of a dog getting it until a few months ago.

Oh Polly, I have more tears than words for you. I am so very sorry. My heart goes out to you both (((Polly and Michael))).

Polly I am very sorry for the bad news.:( We will continue to pray for Stormy. Give him lot's of hugs and kisses.

Polly I am at a loss for words, I wish there were something I could say to help but I know there isn't. My heart is breaking for you guys and your Stormy.:crybaby:

Hugs to a very dear, special friend

Thank you my very very dear friends. Now it's all about Stormy. His comfort, his joy of life, and our joy in him.
Believe me, Michael and I will be watching him very closely. It will be about his comfort.

We saw such a difference in Stormy after the Phrendasone shot, it took a couple hours, he slept and then got up hungery.
His breathing seems easier also. Michael asked me how often he can have these shots. I'm not sure. But we will watch how long it lasts.

Now.... it's all about his comfort, his quality of life. I will not sacrifice his comfort for a few more months with us. No I won't.
It's all about Stormy now.

Michael planned on BBQing steaks for us for the 4th, he only bought 2, he said he's going to go out before Thursday and get one for Stormy.

From now on he will eat what he wants to.

Becky I was praying for the good results you had with your Braggs.. it was not to be.

I don't know what to say Polly. I wish there was something I could say or do that would help. Sending love and hugs to you and Michael.

Oh Polly, I don't know what else to say. Prednisone does work well, I am not sure how often they would give it to the dogs. I know with people we can give one every day but dosage is decreased sometimes depending on what is being treated and it is only for a certain number of days. I have been thinking of you all day with all the anguish you must have. Nobody knows how much time on earth us or our dear furkids will have only God. I pray that Stormy is with you longer. Treasure everyday with him as I know you will. Every day is a gift. I will be holding my babies closer now. I wish there was something I could do I could just pray for you, Stormy and the rest of your family.
Hugs

Becky I was praying for the good results you had with your Braggs.. it was not to be.

I know you were, Polly. It sounds like Stormy's diagnosis is more complicated than hers was. :'(

Bless you for putting Stormy and his comfort level first. So many people I have met don't do that.

My DIL wasn't ready to let her Pug go (her first dog, so I can understand). When they were here in April, Randy and I were upset because we could see that Sairhe was suffering a lot. I tried to talk to son and DIL about it but they were in denial. They had to make their own decision. The poor miserable Pug spent her last days traveling from WV to AR to OH and back. I'll spare the details but no dog should have to live like that, in constant pain and agony.

Someone on your FB wall (Terry) summed it up very well: "True love of your best friend is best served and honored if you can be strong and realize that for your best friend, better to travel to the bridge a few days or even a week too soon, then even an hour too late".

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I have always believed that it is the quality of life, not the quantity of the days of life. We are all very lucky to be honored with the responsibility of the care and love of these precious animals. They are gifts from God. And what he demands from us in return is knowing when to send them back to him. It's the hardest part of our responsibility. But these precious lives, the unconditional love of each one is so worth the price.

In my pain I do sometimes wonder why him?? He's so beautiful, inside and out, such a very special soul. Like an angel.

I am so glad that the shot helped him. I pray that he can continue to have help so this road that we have to follow with him can be as pain free as possible.

We will do everything that we can for our Storm. He means everything to the both of us. Michael has never had a dog that he has loved more. This will be so hard for him. But, he will do it, we will do it. Stormy is worth it.

I can never ever thank Robin enough for the gift of the Storm, the gift of love. And even in my pain of the upcoming loss, I still thank her. He's that special.

I pray that he will be with us for a long while.

Cancer goddamn sucks.

Since liver/kidney values aren't a concern, he can probably can have however much Pred he needs.

Polly is true God gave us this beautiful angels to be with us and make us happy. In return we will love them and do whatever we can to make them happy and have a wonderful life. Everyone in this forum know's what you and your husband are going through. We all love our babies. Prayers♡

I hate cancer as well! I wish there was no such thing as this disease. I wish we could have easy cures for this horrible disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back