so many of you have seen my posts but here is my formal introduction.

sadie_pup

Owned by
1 cocker
Hello!
I'm Kristen and my cocker's name is Sadie Lynn. We have been together for most of her life. She is almost 1 1/2 years old. Her birthday is July 3rd, 2010. I got her when she was 7 months old. She was a rescue from our local humane society the day after she was surrendered by her owners. Her previous owners surrendered her due to 12hour work shifts. She was spayed the day we brought her home, but wasn't in pain and wasn't drowsy at all! She is a little mischief maker and knows right from wrong, but still does a little wrong on occasion. The reason we got her was because I was depressed a lot and my mom thought a dog would help. I originally wanted a big dog, but when we were looking at kennels, we passed by Sadie Lynn. She refused to get up for anyone, but there was something about us she liked so she got up, put her front paws on the kennel glass, and wagged her tail as fast as it could go! Ever since then, she has been my forever companion who growls playfully like a little bear, makes funny noises when she sleeps, and is oh so happy to see me when I come home from school or whenever.

Welcome Kristen and Sadie. That's a nice story how you met. 12 hour shifts are difficult but not impossible for a dog owner. I did that for a year when my wife and I separated.

Isn't it funny how you always hear from people who adopted from a society/pound.. that the dog or cat ends up choosing the person instead of the other way around! I know I hear it from almost everyone, and it happened to me when I adopted my calico Gideon!

Well that is 1000% true. I had another dog before Sadie Lynn (my mom gave him back to the pound due to allergies) and he chose me like Sadie did!

Back