Swiching food....

Believe me Manuel, time out in a crate was needed. Karen is right, some of them, not all but some of them got ugly, mean sometimes.
That's why it was so good sometimes to have message board managers on AOL..
I used to manage Big Beautiful Women among others on AOL ... you could just see the sparks fly LOL!

Sparks will fly anytime passionate people gather in one spot . . . the good thing about this forum is that every member is aware of the lines that can NOT be crossed. And of course, our moderators are pretty good too ;)

I guess the one thing to always keep in mind is that a diet that works for one dog wont necessarily work for another dog. But dear God... some of those people really need to CHILL! lol

Think that says it all! I hate food wars.

Sparks will fly anytime passionate people gather in one spot . . . the good thing about this forum is that every member is aware of the lines that can NOT be crossed. And of course, our moderators are pretty good too ;)
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just wanted to briefly resurrect this thread by giving a quick update on the food switch. My guys have been on the Taste of the Wild (Salmon) for about a month now. So far they're doing great with it. No issues with loose stools at all, and for the first time in years, Kyle's coat has a nice shine to it. But Lacey (my IBD dog) decided to stick her face in Kyles bowl and ate some when I wasnt looking, resulting in a small flare up. Sigh... She's a sneak. Always waits till my back is turned. She even looks at me to see if I'm looking at her before deciding to do something that she's not supposed to do.
But Buddy and Peaches ears seem to be a bit cleaner too, so I think I'll stick with this for now.

Last edited:
LOL - gave someone the recipe for puppy stew and she near took my hemrhoids out calling it all filler and not any better than Ole Roy. Hmm...my dogs do well on it. She swears by BARF. Different strokes and all. It's really all about what's good for YOUR dog. Glad you found something that works. Two of mine now have been taken off the cheaper food I've been using cause their systems cannot handle it.

Since when is chicken thighs, liver and gizzards filler? Die hard BARF feeders need to get a grip

Mike, glad they're doing better. Poor Lacey! She thinks she's being left out.

Mike, glad they're doing better. Poor Lacey! She thinks she's being left out.

Nah.... she's just a pig. She gets boiled chicken breast along with a little rice, and a few globs of Natural Balance canned Duck and Potato all mixed together for her meals. It keeps her IBD under control, AND she's probably eating better than ME! lol

And yeah, some of those people in the BARF crowd can get pretty obnoxious. There used to be a BARF board on AOL. Were fights on there ALL the time.

If people could be reasonable, there wouldn't be food wars. I don't know why it's so hard for some people to accept that one food or feeding method doesn't fit all.

Glad the dogs are doing well Mike. Lacey sounds like Grace - always starving to death!

Since when is chicken thighs, liver and gizzards filler? Die hard BARF feeders need to get a grip
That's what I say!

since when is fresh fruit and veggies filler?
You tell um Sharom!

Maybe someone's definition of filler was the oatmeal. ???

Judy.. maybe, My dogs do so well on Puppy Stew.. look how long Pookie lived for goodness sake! We had her for over 18 years! She was over 2 when we adopted her.. more likely older than that.. The pounds say the dogs are 18 months old if they can stand by themselves.

I have Sage and Saffron on Wellness Core. Sage has a terrible time with loose stools, but I don't know if it's the dog food or the meds he's on, or both. Saffron is doing great on it. No soft stools for that girl!! LOL

Back