This may be a stupid question...

I guess here thats young. I'm already figured to be young,but im 28.I congratulate you on having 4 boys.I have 1 and know how much of a handful he is.Couldn't imagine 3 more.sounds like your guys(all of them)keep you busy.You have a handsome little boy(Max,lol!)too.

Thank you! I am pretty busy all the time It was a big step to add another little guy to the whole pack and I didn't know if could really handle it but Max has made every thing better he is a joy and we love him so so much already yes it is hard to take out a whining puppy and have a screaming baby at the same time but I can handle it and its hard to deal with Max and Logan fighting over blankets and toys and me. Then though it is so worth it seeing them happy and playing and hearing my 19 month old son telling his dog to sit! I am afaird of the dark and my husband works 3rd shift and since I have had Max I am not as creeped out! Its Fun but really Tiring!

Thank you! I am pretty busy all the time It was a big step to add another little guy to the whole pack and I didn't know if could really handle it but Max has made every thing better he is a joy and we love him so so much already yes it is hard to take out a whining puppy and have a screaming baby at the same time but I can handle it and its hard to deal with Max and Logan fighting over blankets and toys and me. Then though it is so worth it seeing them happy and playing and hearing my 19 month old son telling his dog to sit! I am afaird of the dark and my husband works 3rd shift and since I have had Max I am not as creeped out! Its Fun but really Tiring!

Oh ya,know bout the whiny pup and crying baby,seems like they wake up the same time in the morning on purpose.I would have to agree,coockers for some strange reason seem to be more protective.I had a purebred GSD long time ago and would trust my cocker to protect me better even against the worst meanest pit!!I think because they're more family oriented.I'm glad my son and pup can grow up together.And as much trouble as it is now,they wont be soon.

Yes, this may be stupid, but I'm going to ask it anyway!

What do you find is the biggest difference between male and female cocker spaniels? I guess I'm mostly wondering about personality and temperament.

I've been doing research looking for a breeder here in MA and I think I found a good one! We were hoping to get a puppy in the spring, so I started checking around and found this woman. Her dog had 5 puppies on Friday, 2/5, so they're only a few days old. She said they're all buff which is what we want but they're all girls. We've only had Buffington and he was a male - a real lover and a wonderful, wonderful dog. I thought my husband wanted another male but he said it doesn't really matter as long as she is healthy and has a good personality.

Before I get myself all excited, I just wondered what you all think. So far the breeder and I have only communicated via e-mail but I want to give her a call and then go and see the puppies and their surroundings.

Okay, I'll admit it.....I AM EXCITED!!!
I had a lot of cockers in my life. All through my years growing up. Never had any boys, all girls. I have 2 as of now
The oldest is Scrappy. She has her ok an personality. Not the cuddliest, but very loyal. She got her name for a reason! Nothing stops her when she puts her mind to it. One of the smartest ones I have had ever known. She will protect you to her death is needed. But, my baby is Daisy. I have had a lot of dogs, but she is the one of a lifetime. Very loving. Always got to be with me. I can't even go swimming without her being in the pool with me. Sleeps right by my side. Never loved a dog so much. Probably never have another after her. That is how special she is.

Back