Top Knots

Angel Lewis

Owned by
1 cocker
Does anyone do anything to your cocker's top knot?

I do, I have to do it cause it makes people smile. When Molli was alive her top knot was parted to the middle and it would cover her eyes, so cute so I would keep it trimmed a bit so she can see through.

Now Gizmo on the other hand. Holy Curls and thickness on him. His hair is so thick that I can do anything to it. Now he has the most awesome mowhawk with curls.

Here is Molli's do
SDC11238.jpg

I have to get Gizmo's off my camera at home so I will get it up when I get home.

Molly looked cute with her top knot. :) I think they're fun. It adds a little personality to their looks. My cocker Hoshi has a little tuft. My wife cathy gets upset when I shave it off.

Just something to remember/think about... Hair in their eyes can cause scratches on them and become ulcerated. Also if it's so long they can't see they can 'run into' things causing an ulcer too. One of these is what my vet thinks happened to Fudge while she was at the
mill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like keeping top knots short.. I believe that Linny has a short vid on tks and Kelly has some wonderful witten instructions in our grooming forum.

Use a #4 blade on that topknot and it will look much better and leave a decent amount so it gives the head a nice look.

Hi Linny, I did not know that was you here. I am still learning on the blades and such. I do have the Zim grooming DVD so I have not gotten a chance to watch it all. It is pretty funny too.

Here is some of Gizmo's mowhawk. It is kinda hard to see. I trim the ears a bit cause we love the curls on them, then I shave the sides of his head just above the ears, then I take thinning shears to trim the top knot so they have some curls and stick up.
SDC12047-1.jpg
SDC12035.jpg
SDC12030.jpg

I think it looks sort of natural. You end up shaving the ears there anyways so you can be creative with what's left over.

This was the 2nd time I gave his top knot a mowhawk cut. I am letting it grow just a bit longer but I do keep the sides short. I love my cockers with shorter body hair. But my hubby was not too happy when I shaved him down. I had to, he was a static cling

I have mine kept in a short one, like they had when showing. I like it better that bald. Chase has a little calick like piece between his eyes that looks kind of punky when it grows out a bit :)

I always shaved my babies heads, then when Robin sent me Stormy wow! For those of you that don't know, Robin is a master groomer. I tried to keep it like it was LOL.. pretty soon Stormy looked like frankenstein. Robin, Linny and Kelly carefully drew me diagrams and I finally got him right again. Then one day Kel posted pictures of Grace with her TK very short, I loved the look, so now Storm and Pogs have Grace's TK.. Baby I keep shaved.

I keep Grace's top knot short, because she has a huge cowlick in it. Jack Jack has a longer top knot. Farley's does what it wants LOL

I keep Grace's top knot short, because she has a huge cowlick in it. Jack Jack has a longer top knot. Farley's does what it wants LOL
If you new members want to see some beautiful picutes of beautifully groomed dogs, scan thru the forum and look at Kelly's pictures.

I will do, I am planing on going Grooming School in 2012 hopefully after my surgery is done and over with.

Rudy's was shaved down with a 10 blade (his whole top not) a couple months ago, I don't think that long ago, maybe January? Well it grew back out and we shaved it with a 4 and it looks like it does now.

The Red Outline = 10
The Pink Outline = 4
No Outline (Cocker Sprawl) = In between when it was growing out

5.jpg

4 blade.jpg10 blade.jpg

Back