Top Knots

My groomer left a top knot on Peggy and It looked to me like she didn't do a complete groom job . My neighbors laughed at the top knot asking if I was trying to make Peggy look like a puddle. No more top knot ever for Peggy I sure didn't like it on her

As a groomer I HAVE to respond on this LOL.
Most pet owners and a lot of groomers do not know that it's correct to leave a topknot on Cockers. They've been taught and think a 'clean' head is correct where it is not. However, you're the owner and it's however you like but neighbors or friends comments alike will not change if they don't know any better. On another note too tho, if the TK is not done correctly by a groomer, it can look very strange and bad. JM 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nan,
I have two examples with and without.. My Pogo has a tk.. and my Stormy does also.. Pepper and Petuna don't. My Stormy came from Robin (Hersh's Mom) Hersh is one of her current show dogs, Stormy is Hersh's daddy and a retired show boy.

With TK:
Stormy & Pogs:
StormPogs.jpg

I agree with Robin - IF a topknot is done correctly, it complements the dog's head shape and adds some softness to the dog's expression. Many pet groomers don't know how to do one effectively, and the topknot ends up looking goofy. All of my dogs have topknots, and trust me, nobody laughs at my dogs . . . .

Even though this is an old thread, I just had to add a picture of Nicholas' mohawk. I had joked for years about doing this, and so glad I finally did it. Probably only for the summer, but everybody seems to love it.
Deborah

Attachments

• 2011-05-08 23.48.18.jpg
    2011-05-08 23.48.18.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 56
Oh my gosh, I love it. I wish my Gizmo could get like that but his hair is so thick and curly. That is so cute and he sure looks like a Rock Star.

Back