rescue Warning- graphic pics of Chance- View at own risk

Thank you for letting us know his condition. For it to have gone that far was totally avoidable. If he had been taken to a vet right away those lacerations could have been sutured. It looks like he had been like that for weeks. The good news is he should heal well--lots of scarring for sure though. I'm mad again. :angry: These dogs don't deserve us. It should be a privilege to own one. Take good care of him. I know you'll have him healed up in now time.

Oh my lord. How did that poor little thing ever survive? You are truly an angel Robin.

I only wish the same for whoever let this happen to him.

The poor baby. Dot is right, the same thing should happen to the person who did that to him.

I HATE PEOPLE!
That poor baby Robin. His suffering was completely unnecessary. Someone needs to be horsewhipped!

I swear it looks like he was chained up and tried to free himself from it (got tangled)

I don't know anything about chemical burns -- but remember seeing pictures of a dog that got a hold of some bleach and it burnt the living skin right off. Some people on another list think chemical burns.

I think what we are now seeing is because he was scrubbed and it looks worse than it did from being handled and allowing air to get to the skin.

I want to poof him all over with Neo-predif powder to dry it up, and heal it. Then, I want to kiss him

then I want to beat the snot out of whoever let this happen to him.

Last edited:
OMG...poor baby....hope that these heal up completely and that there is not any complications. Wow, that is nasty. Poor little guy. Makes me want to weep....

I really want to believe that someone owned this little guy and that after grooming him they put a sweater on him and he got loose and that he was injured some way. I don't want to beleive that someone intentionaly did this to him. I really don't.

Got to go hug my girls now....

If infection is let go too long, it can make the skin peel right off and make it look like a chemical burn. The hair on top was fine prior to shaving. After I did his hydrotherapy the poor guy was in the crate just a shivering and he took a long nap. He let me lay a blanket on top of him and he buried his nose under it too. doing the hydrotherapy was so gross as the water was rolling off skin and yellow mucousy puss.
A lady from the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics contacted me and is going to submit his story to the Daily Oklahoman and see if they'll print it. She wants to catch these people bad.

I hope they find whoever did this . . . whether it's just neglect or intentional harm, it's disgusting and needs to be fixed.

yeah, gag!

nothing like pus first thing in the morning and watching skin roll off.

Robin, you you think one pain pill a day is enough? I can't imagine, I know I would want more. There is a homeopathic remedy we use for pain and deep tissue damage.. .it's Arnica Montana. All my dogs get it pre and post op and I use it myself sometimes.

I give 5-6 pellets at a time - several times a day if need be. For any boo boos too, like when some idiot dog bites anothers ear, etc. over a piece of food, or whatever.

It could help him heal faster and be in less pain. Most health food stores have it as well as GNC.

OK I'll check into it as we have a GNC at the mall about a mile away. I thought one pain med a day was kinda skimpy but that's what they prescribed. He's just laying in one spot where he layed after his therapy this morning.

whew, I would so want a spray on remedy if they made one. This guy is killing me.

I think a big pot of puppy stew might make him feel better too, ahahahaha -- cause you have nothing else to do. Seriously though, I do believe in Arnica -- I also have a rub on remedy for intense pain that has that in it.

But with his wounds, topical is out. You should be able to get the 30C at any health food store.

I hope they print his story. It will be so gratifying if they catch those responsible.

I can't imagine how they can catch them -- unless there is a reward and someone (neighbor?) comes forward.

I just want him to be pain free and get all betterer.

I can't imagine how they could catch them either - but I can dream!

This poor baby just makes me want to slam someone sooooo bad.

Saying lots of prayers for him and sending gentle hugs and Ellie kisses.

I am sad beyond words. That poor poor baby. And, to think that he still has a sweet disposition? That's truly a miracle. Give him kisses for me.

I think with Rimadyl all they are allowed to have is one a day, depending on their weight. When I asked about Madison's leg bothering her last week they said that she could have a half of a 75 mg pill once a day, but I could spit that in half again if I wanted to give it to her twice a day if she seemed worse after about 12 hours.
I wonder if splitting his dosage would help him out.

Back