rescue Warning- graphic pics of Chance- View at own risk

Robin, I would definately consider asking the vet about more pain meds. Debridement of wounds can be very painful and cause shock like symptoms especially when they cover a large area like this. The nerves are just very raw when this open. Ask the vet if he can have pain meds about 1/2 hour prior to treatment? That way it should make him more relaxed during the treatment and help the pain caused by it.

You have quite a task ahead of you, bless you for taking this on, you are an angel.

Prayers for Chance...

Last edited:
This just makes me want to beat the holy crap out of someone!! HOW can these people do this to these sweet dogs??? I just don't understand!!! That poor,poor baby!! Thank God he found his way to you. I know you will do everything you can to take care of him and give him a fighting chance. That poor,poor baby...

It wouldn't hurt to try Melissia. I'll do that tomorrow and see.
If you can't find it Robin, call me at the store and I'll get some and send it to you..

When Bunkie was on Rimadyl, I kept him on Milk Thistle also for his liver.

How long does he need to have water therapy? Did the vet say that he might not grow fur back in those areas?

If he can only have one rimadyl a day, see if they can switch him to tramadol or dermaxx - if he can have more of those. ?

Just a suggestion.

The arnica will not interfere with anything else he's on. I wish they could put a pain patch on him

The OKC vet seemed pretty positive he might grow fur there but we'll see. As far as the hydrtherapy they didn't really give me a time line. I'm taking him to MY vet at 3 today so she'll get some idea too what we have to work with and if she wants to change anything. Will ask about antibiotic and pain management changes. I will say she's conservative when it comes to meds but maybe after she sees him.......

Good idea Robin,

let us know what the vet says. I'm sure you can't put a collar on this poor baby and will have to carry him, and that could hurt him and YOUR BACK, so please take it easy.

I hope she can help keep him pain free for the most part, and perhaps maybe tweak his antibiotics to something stronger since you mentioned there is a foul odor and might need a combo or something.

Is the time zone there the same as ours? Shut up, I geographically challenged. LOL

Yeah no collar but hs also emaciated so at moment he's light. My back has been feeling great.
I'm in central time so I'm an hour behind you. I go 4 your time.

Awwwwwwwww Poor boy!! He is so Beautiful to be so mistreated!! Thank you Robin for taking him in! I know it is a big job to take in the sick ones and a lot of time! You are awesome and I know in your care he will be back to health in No Time!! What a horrible horrible thing! I Hate People and Love people like you at the same time! But the ones I dislike far out way the ones I like which is very sad! Thank you To All the Rescues Here! Without You all these Baby's would be Lost!!

(I just sent a message and without warning, the page disappeared before I sent it. So if this message comes twice, it's not my mind screwed up, it's the computer.)

Robin, I just sent a donation to you via PayPal, but somehow missed the spot where I could give a message. So the message is that this is for Chance. Thank you for all you do, and particularly what you are doing now for this baby.

I wish I'd win the lottery. A lot of the money would go to you and to Linny. You are both my heroes...

Judy

Robin how old do you think Chance is? If he's fairly young the wounds will heal quicker.

(I just sent a message and without warning, the page disappeared before I sent it. So if this message comes twice, it's not my mind screwed up, it's the computer.)

Robin, I just sent a donation to you via PayPal, but somehow missed the spot where I could give a message. So the message is that this is for Chance. Thank you for all you do, and particularly what you are doing now for this baby.

I wish I'd win the lottery. A lot of the money would go to you and to Linny. You are both my heroes...

Judy

Sorry that happened to you. I always use Notepad to write my replies first then paste them on the forum. You can use Notepad, Wordpad or whatever you prefer.

OMG, OMG!!!! Now I just want to go and beat the snot out of whoever did this to that poor little boy. I hope they can catch the person!!

Back