Wassup everyone!!!

sk8rchik13ny

sk8rchik13ny
Hi..my name is Heidi...im new to this forum.I joined because i have a passion for cocker spaniels. I currently own 2 dogs.One is a Shepherd/Golden mix.Her name is Leya and shes about 4yrs old.My other is my buff Cocker Spaniel puppy Misty. She is 4months old now.I really look forward to sharing my pics and getting advice...because with a puppy,even though ive had soooo many puppies before,ill be glad to welcome any little tricks and tips i can get.So till then....

Hello Heidi and welcome. I have one cocker name Hoshi. He's 1 year old and still very much a puppy. :)

Hi ya heidi! Welcome to the forum! I'm Lisa, Mom to Sami a 4 month old pup who thinks she's part monkey. I had to monkey proof my house yesterday. Welcome to my world for now, we can exchange tips, as I've had 2 cockers before this. LOL each one is so completly different!

hi lisa!

I have had cocker spaniels before,their not a new breed to me.My mom bred them.I got my first cocker spaniel Cookie when I was 14yrs old.I ended up quitting school due to unfortunate circumstances,but helped my mom with her business.Even got an online diploma for vet asst.Did the shots and tails and dews.Also had customers come back for grooming.We had 12 cockers at one time.5 of them were mine.I grew up with them.They truly were my best friends.I had a rough life and they were always ther for me.But alas as my mom grew away from the breed and breeding,i was forced to give up several of my friends.I fought for my 1st cocker and her daughter,Cookie Dough (Doughie for short)who ended up passing away due t geting hit by a train.I moved out,moved on and it was just me and Cookie for awhile.Got Cookie a Shepherd/Golden friend named Leya,when she was 10.figured her training would rub off.I didnt think that after Doughies death,i could ever accept another cocker spaniel.And at 12 1/2...Cookie passed away in her sleep in my husbands and I bedroom.We tried adopting a friends pitbull puppy,she was 4mnths old,and Leya would have nothing to do with her.The pit wouldnt settle and the whining with our baby was unaceptable.We rehomed her.and after a loong search in papers and online,we finally got lucky enough to spot an ad on Craigslist.Before the flagging drama,i was able to contact the pups owners.Yes, I admit shes a backyard bred pup,but we were only looking for a buff girl.were not interested in showing and have no need for papers.Her parents were both roaming the aprartment,with the pups ll around.Couldnt believe how well even the dad got along with the pups..well there was only 1 girl,and she was beautiful.so a 4hr round trip in the misty rain is how she became named...Misty!!! sorry for the long story,just so excited to be apart of a place where others share my passion!

Hi Heidi and welcome. I live in Northwest Oklahoma with 5 of my own cockers of which 4 are show dogs, 3 that are rescues, and one black and tan min pin who I adopted. You can see pics of my dogs at www.stormbeaucockers.com and the rescues at www.stormbeaucockers.com/oklahomacockerrescue . I also own my own my own groom shop as I'm one of 3 NDGAA National Certified Master Groomers in Oklahoma. You'll like this website. Looking forward to seeing pics of Misty growing up which will be fast!

Robin....wow,thats all i got to say about your show cockers,they are absolutely gorgeous!!! We have bred and owned several colors. Your chocolates are amazing! I had one who reminds me of yours.I named her Bunny...After the chocolate cadbury bunny that was on commercials years ago. But Asha, ive heard of that color,never had one,never seen one,and shes beautiful!!! I have to dig around,but ill have to find some of my old friends i lost,and look forward to sharing those pics with everyone.

Hello Heidi and welcome. I have one cocker name Hoshi. He's 1 year old and still very much a puppy. :)

Ichecked out Hoshis pics..Hes an amazing boy. He has such a soft face, and such soft looking fur.He seems to have quite a playful personality too!

Hoshi keeps us busy at home. He wants to play all the time. He's also my walking companion now.

Hello Heidi
I'm Polly, and I live with hubby Mike and our 4 cockers in California. 3 are rescues and one is Robin's beautiful brown champion Stormy. I hope you become a regular here and we would love to get to know you and your babies.

Hello Heidi
I'm Polly, and I live with hubby Mike and our 4 cockers in California. 3 are rescues and one is Robin's beautiful brown champion Stormy. I hope you become a regular here and we would love to get to know you and your babies.

Im looking forward to getting to know everybody.And i must say you have quite a colorful bunch!!

Heidi,
I forgot to tell ya I also have a Cookie. I bred her as well but she's a mismark so I could never show her. She's mostly white with black specks. She turns 11 this June.
pencil.png

pencil.png

Attachments

• cookie1152009.jpg
    cookie1152009.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 40
  • cookiehd282508.jpg
    cookiehd282508.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 43
  • cookiehd82508.jpg
    cookiehd82508.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Hi Heidi...I'm Judy from Connecticut. My guy is Frankie, age 5 1/2. You can see his pictures with this message, and a few more in my album. Do you live in the city, or upstate? I am sorry you had such a lot of problems earlier in life. I hope things are good now and I am sure your two dogs are adding to your happiness.

Hi Heidi...I'm Judy from Connecticut. My guy is Frankie, age 5 1/2. You can see his pictures with this message, and a few more in my album. Do you live in the city, or upstate? I am sorry you had such a lot of problems earlier in life. I hope things are good now and I am sure your two dogs are adding to your happiness.

I live in a town called Barker..Funny cuz we used to breed dogs here.Its a town about an hour north of Buffalo,that might give a better idea to those who may only know a little about New York.Im about a mile away from Lake Ontario.Theres a beach about 10min away.I just had alot to deal with my mom going through divorce.With my dad young,and again with my stepdad,but have 2 sisters 10yrs younger i tried to be there for..Well everythings great now,and the house i grew up in with all that drama is now mine.Over an acre,room for our 8 cars and 2 motorcycles.Great place to raise our son,and of course excellent place for raising dogs.We also have 3 young budgies and a young cockatiel too.

An hour north of Buffalo???? Next stop...North Pole!! lol That is way up there in NY State. It is nice to have a lot of land for raising kids and dogs...and birds, too!!!

An hour north of Buffalo???? Next stop...North Pole!! lol That is way up there in NY State. It is nice to have a lot of land for raising kids and dogs...and birds, too!!!

LOL!!!! No,no north pole,that made me giggle...its cold enough here in winters.New York winters are harsh.Love the snow though,my husband and I are snowboarders!

Hello and welcome! I am Sharon - mom to 3 Cockers and residing in not-so-sunny Florida.

Heidi, you will have to post some pictures of your puppy Misty. Sami is getting so big!! I was just telling my husband that we need to get a new feeding bowl that is off the ground so she won't have to crouch down to eat. Last night all she wanted to do was play fetch with her squeeky ball. I'd throw it down the hall, boom it would hit my son's door, I'd hear MOM!! stop that! I'd laugh, do it again.. you know what they say about pay back.. lol (He has this annoying habit of starting his truck by remote every morning at letting it run VERY early when I'm trying to sleep) anyway, she loves that squeeky ball so much she wants to sleep with it at night! I have to do a paw check before she comes in the room. My min pin likes to bring her nylon bones to bed, but I learned to check her for those. They are just like kids! Sami still hasn't lost her puppy teeth, but they should come out very soon.

Back