rescue From Robin... OKCR took in 2 rescues today.

Polly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
Robin took in two rescues today. The male especially is in pretty bad shape.. Robin is on her way to her cocker club
meeting and asked me to post this.
We got the two owner surrenders in yesterday. The boy has a very open and draining cyst on his left shoulder that needs taken care of ASAP. ANY DONATIONS ACCEPTED to get this done. Please, even $1 will add up if all you readers will send it!

Robin's OCKR paypal is: okcr@doglover.com

I already donated a little, and, if she has a fundraiser, I'll donate a portrait.

These are senior dogs..
Nicholas (12 years old) Noel (10 years old)
1238324_542531999135100_1056634127_n_zps61e4724d.jpg

The male is the black parti, if you look close at his shoulder, you can see his open wound.

Here is a closer look..
1233958_542536749134625_232827394_n_zpsa9e5e883.jpg

Oklahoma, like many areas in the south, has a bad flea problem. These two, especially the boy
are covered in fleas and flea mess. Poor dogs.

The male is a retired show boy.. a Champion :(

Last edited:
Those poor dogs are heartbreaking, so glad they got to Robin. Will send a little something on payday. Their human should be up on charges for that open wound.

Deborah doesn't this Nicolas remind you of yours? That's the first thing I thought when I saw this pix.

The lady who surrendered them was afraid to tell me about the cyst. She is getting a divorce and has lost her job. She farmed out her dogs she had except for these two who since are so old, she couldn't find a place for. Being a very old friend of mine, she turned to my rescue for help, not wanting to have them put down. I had no idea of what she was going through as she lived 2 hours away. She's also recently had a nervous breakdown. It literally tore her apart to turn over both these dogs but especially Nicholas as he was her heart dog and her first champion.

Poor woman, I'm sorry to hear how tough it's been. And yes, I couldn't help but think of my own Nicholas Cockervich Nobarkoff, looking at him. I noticed they both have "Christmas" names, which says volumes about how much their fortunes have changed.

Poor babies. They are in good hands with Robin now. I can't imagine how that woman must have felt. Prayers for both of them.

Thank you ladies! I'm happy with even $1 as it'll all add up in the end. I'm going to try and get him in to the vet tomorrow. Will keep you guys updated.

What a sad situation for both dogs and owner. Sent you a little to help out Robin.

Sad situation, poor babies. Thank you for helping them, Robin. I will send you something tomorrow. They look like sweet dogs.

Robin just called me from the vets. Nicholas is in surgery now. That huge weepy cyst is melanoma, not only does he
have that one, but, he has another on his stomach on the other side of his body. Vet isn't sure he will survive the surgery, but they are hoping to save him. He's 12 years old. Noel, the red parti, has Mammary tumors. Vet opted
to have Robin take her home, work on her health, get her on a good diet.. then they will evaluate if surgery is an
option for her.

Please Pray for Nicholas.

Thanks everybody. It doesn't look very promising for him tho. Will keep everybody updated.

Back