Hello all

Allstar

Hi there,
I just put a deposit down on two cocker spaniels. I can't wait to get them. I hoping to find lots of good information on here. I am searching everyday for people's opinion on how they socialized and house trained their puppies. Thanks ahead of time for all the help.

Welcome Allstar. What made you choose cockers and how did you find us? I'm Manuel, owned by Gabby (15yrs June 25) and Hoshiko (3mos). We have many members you can ask for advice on puppy care.

Hiya,

wow, two at once huh????

Most of the time, two pups at once bond to each other. Most breeders don't like to send two out at the same time for this reason, as it seems they MIGHT not bond to the humans. I hope that's not the case with your new babies.

When do you get them? Where are they from?

Welcome Allstar - it would be a lot easier for us to reply to you if we knew your name :)

My name is Kelly, and I am owned by 3 buff Cockers. I am involved in breeding and showing, as well as teaching and competing in obedience and rally obedience.

Hello Allstar!
Welcome! I'm Polly, and I live with my hubby Michael and our 4 cockers in the Forests above Los Angeles County in So CA. Once you have your avitar set up, and add your siggy line, please include your first name in your siggy line, it will make it a little easier to get to know you.

I have never had a very young puppy! I currently have 3 rescues and one very beautiful retired show boy.

We have many members here that are a wealth of information and will be more than happy to help you thru your new babies coming home and getting aculimated to your lifestyle.^_^

Please feel free to zoom around our forum and get your feet wet so to speak! We have a great Introductions thread where we have all gone into detail about ourselves and our cockers. We all have picture albums also.

Welcome!!!

Well I haven't gotten them yet. Like I said they are only a few weeks old right now. Plus I will not be home before they are ready to be sent to me. So everything works out well. I picked cocker spaniels because they like to be outside and running around, they are loving, and they are beautiful. I picked two up for the fact that I work during the day so I wanted them to have company. I have the time during lunch to go home and let them out, so they will be spending only a couple hours in their crate. No offense but at this time, I will just stick with my screen name. I have owned a small zoo at one point in my place. I have 3 bearded dragons, 2 blood pythons, 3 sugar gliders, and 14 crested geckos. I love animals, though I don't have all the fore mentioned animals anymore, most of them have gone to loving homes. I don't have names for the puppies yet but I will as soon as I get them. I want to see what their personality says to me first. I am leaning to bandit and snowman.

Attachments

• 100_5693.jpg
    100_5693.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_5701.jpg
    100_5701.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 47
Pups are cute! Who's the breeder?

I'm almost afraid to ask, but anyhow, what is a blood python?

Linda <<--- sissy fairy pants runs from snakes

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new babies. Sounds like you are going to be very busy soon.

Hi, I am DJ. We are owned and loved by three lovely, well sometimes bratty, spoiled cocker girlies. You can see them in my album.

Raising siblings can be a challange but it can be done.

I would recommend separate crates for them and some play time and training time apart. Once they are able to be taken on walks then it is a good idea to take them out sometimes by themselves so that they learn that it is OK to be by themselves. They need to be confidant on their own.

Hannah and Maggie are separated by about 8 weeks and the only reason the breeder agreed to let us have two puppies was that I had raised siblings (fosters) prior and would have almost 6 weeks with Hannah as an only child.

I took them to differant puppy classes, took them on mini trips with one at home with hubbie etc. Now with three of them, I rotate who goes with me. They all get their own time as well as group outings. Zoe, due to her "specialness" is seldom left on her own.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Yes, Cockers do love time outside, but their greatest love (and need!) is to be with their people. So please don't think that Cockers are backyard dogs, because you will have some bratty dogs with behaviour issues if you leave them outside on their own too much.

Cute puppies, I'm sure you will enjoy them.

Don't assume all cockers like to be out. Mine doesn't. lol
Welcome and good luck!

Don't assume all cockers like to be out. Mine doesn't. lol
Welcome and good luck!

Karrie
No truer words! Mine have a doggie door and can go out when they please, but, most of the time they choose to be right with us.^_^

When I say outside it will be with me. There is a park nearby I would like to take them to play one they are well trained. I don't mind having a velcro dog.

Welcome! I am Sharon currently owned by four rescues ranging in age from 4 to 14 and expecting a 5th Saturday who is 18 months. I so totally get the excitement but I have not had a puppy in decades so I guess I won't be much help at all! I do have one who used to be a yard dog but he wails to come in the house now. Totally spoiled and I like it that way! When it's cool out he wants to be outside...

Welcome to the forum Allstar! Congratulations on your two new babies! They are cuties. Puppies are alot of fun...and hard work....but well worth it.

I'm Betty & mom to 5 cocker kids. I have 4 boys which I got as pups & 1 girl that we rescued.

Looking forward to watching your two kids grow up.

Thank you all for your kind words and suggestions. I am excited I can't wait to get back to the states so I can get my puppies. Just about a month and a half left. I looking forward to the challenge of a new pet. All of mine have had their challenges and some very different ways of dealing with them.

I don't mind having a velcro dog.

Finally, R.J. is not the only one!! LOL That is my nickname for him. He will jump in the couch or bed beside me and will lean against me and not budge while I pet him and talk to him. Gotta love it.

I spoil all my pets that I have had. I would take the dragons out on their leases so they couldn't jump off my shoulder and run down the street when we were at the beach. While I am on the computer I will let the snakes hang out on the bed with me and explore. The sugar gliders would get their chance as well. I would leave their cage door open a few hours before bed and they would jump around the room and come over and sit on my shoulder a lot while I was reading or online. I have had pets that want nothing to do with me before to but that is their nature (put me in a tank and look at me because I am pretty but don't touch me). So I am excited to have dogs now.

Back